Author Topic: Crazy Silly Videos  (Read 4688 times)

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Crazy Silly Videos
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
I often see some pretty crazy video clips out there on the internet so I thought I would create a thread.

One just caught my eye, how safe are hard shoulders??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLSgne_TWQ

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Silly Videos
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
That's horrid Jason!!

 Seen so many in races hit debris and puncture when riding in the hard shoulder...I try and stay out of them at all costs, even though it can be quick way to progress up the bunch.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Crazy Silly Videos
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »
It's going to make me think twice about bombing down any hard shoulders ~ I can tell you that right now.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Silly Videos
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 06:28:05 PM »
Unfortunately cycle lanes have exactly the same problem, and it can be difficult to avoid them...the A48 cycle lanes between Rumney and Castleton are classic examples. I am always relieved to see the back of them (along with the end of abuse from those in their tin cans for not using them)at the points where the traffic engineers presumably assumed no cycles would proceed any further!

stevelandeg

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Silly Videos
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 01:51:18 PM »
Being able to keep  the torso and head as still as possible is a benefit for the racing cyclist.

Have a look at this:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/12772/55766348

Not exactly aero though.