My Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
SMF - Just Installed!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014 (Read 4438 times)
Paul Longthorn
Sr. Member
Posts: 330
Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
on:
August 09, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »
Well weather looks very grim, as South Wales sees ex hurricane Bertha fizzle out. Heavy rain and a met office yellow weather warning.
How about the Saturday Morning Route. Anyone who does not know.
Ewenny - Ogmore by Sea - Southern Down - St Brides Major - Monknash - Marcross - Llantwit - St Athans - Flemmingston - Tre Aubrey - Llantrithyd - A48 - Welsh St Donats - City - Craig Penllyn - Llangan - Treoes and home.
Should by around 35 mile. Enough for me in the rain!
Logged
harpo
Hero Member
Posts: 624
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #1 on:
August 09, 2014, 08:09:47 AM »
Yeah weather looks terrible, I'm off over the bwlch this morning, making most of weather, leaving at 10 if anyone wants to join me
Logged
Paul Longthorn
Sr. Member
Posts: 330
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #2 on:
August 09, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Good choice Harpo. I will see what the weather is like in the Morning. I'll post if I'm not going out before 8. But optimistic it will not be as bad as forecasted.
Logged
Paul Longthorn
Sr. Member
Posts: 330
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #3 on:
August 10, 2014, 07:23:56 AM »
I'm not going out this morning. Rain to heavy. May get out for a hour later.
Logged
Terry A
Sr. Member
Posts: 265
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #4 on:
August 10, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
I'm on the same page as you Paul. The forecast this morning showed the rain easing / stopping this afternoon so I may go out then.
Terry
Logged
Jason T
Hero Member
Posts: 590
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #5 on:
August 10, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »
That last rumble of thunder and amount of surface water in my area has put me off (I was going to join the Saturday Route and peel-off), good luck to those heading out and avoid those hidden potholes
Logged
Chris Reed
Full Member
Posts: 177
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #6 on:
August 10, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
Amblers met as usual at 9. Route - Park Slip, A48, Loop of PT, Porthcawl, Ewenny, Wick, Llandow, Cowbridge, Llanharry.
Torrential rain first and last hour (showers in between)
Riders
Me
:-)
Logged
Teresa
Administrator
Hero Member
Posts: 924
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
«
Reply #7 on:
August 10, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »
Chris, I recognise that fine line between madness and dedication
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
My Community
»
General Category
»
Club Runs
»
Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014