Author Topic: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014  (Read 4437 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:56 AM »
Well weather looks very grim, as South Wales sees ex hurricane Bertha fizzle out. Heavy rain and a met office yellow weather warning.
How about the Saturday Morning Route. Anyone who does not know.

Ewenny - Ogmore by Sea - Southern Down - St Brides Major - Monknash - Marcross - Llantwit - St Athans - Flemmingston - Tre Aubrey - Llantrithyd - A48 - Welsh St Donats - City - Craig Penllyn - Llangan - Treoes and home.

Should by around 35 mile. Enough for me in the rain!

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:09:47 AM »
Yeah weather looks terrible, I'm off over the bwlch this morning, making most of weather, leaving at 10 if anyone wants to join me

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Good choice Harpo. I will see what the weather is like in the Morning. I'll post if I'm not going out before 8. But optimistic it will not be as bad as forecasted.

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:23:56 AM »
I'm not going out this morning. Rain to heavy. May get out for a hour later.

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
I'm on the same page as you Paul. The forecast this morning showed the rain easing / stopping this afternoon so I may go out then.

Terry

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »
That last rumble of thunder and amount of surface water in my area has put me off (I was going to join the Saturday Route and peel-off), good luck to those heading out and avoid those hidden potholes  ;D

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
Amblers met as usual at 9. Route - Park Slip, A48, Loop of PT, Porthcawl, Ewenny, Wick, Llandow, Cowbridge, Llanharry.

Torrential rain first and last hour (showers in between)

Riders
Me

:-)

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Club Run 10th August 2014
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »
Chris, I recognise that fine line between madness and dedication  ::)