My Community
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
SMF - Just Installed!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
My Community
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
»
Rear lights
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Rear lights (Read 11410 times)
Steven
Hero Member
Posts: 1493
Rear lights
«
on:
September 15, 2020, 06:23:23 PM »
Has anyone got a recommendation for a rear light which does not fail after repeated soakings? The longest I have had one last is 6 months.
Must be small and rechargeable..
Thanks in anticipation!
Logged
Bob.F
Newbie
Posts: 46
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #1 on:
September 16, 2020, 07:05:49 AM »
Have a look at Blackburn lights. I've been very impressed with mine. Think in all honesty I preferred the battery version, just seemed to go forever.
Logged
xrayspecs
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #2 on:
September 16, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
Ive got the exposure trace ones small and usb charger; survived everything. My previous exposure is still going strong.
Logged
Nige
Hero Member
Posts: 601
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #3 on:
September 16, 2020, 06:08:19 PM »
cat eye rapid mini, i have 2 off these about 2-3 years old and still work great and bright too
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CatEye-CA475RAPMIN-Lights-Reflectors-Cycling/dp/B01I4193PY/ref=sr_1_4?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Cycling+Lights+%26+Reflectors&qid=1600275941&refinements=p_89%3ACatEye&s=cycling&sr=1-4&ts_id=550001011
Logged
Ben
Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 778
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #4 on:
September 16, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »
I've had one of these for the last 3 years. Commuted a lot in all weather's and it's still going strong
https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/lezyne-laser-drive-250-rear-light/11309701.html?affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&shoppingpid=ATM10_270418_&&thg_ppc_campaign=71700000051674281&gclid=CjwKCAjw74b7BRA_EiwAF8yHFPwUSJQb7t0zWsBIwR1SygaqfPeba2XtoxJ-WQDHsO957-P579PMZxoClQcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Logged
Steven
Hero Member
Posts: 1493
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #5 on:
September 17, 2020, 07:56:50 AM »
Thanks all, some great advice here!
Logged
RobC
Full Member
Posts: 212
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #6 on:
September 18, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
I use this on my mountain bike in all weathers. About 2 years old. Often has to be washed because it's caked in mud.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-zecto-alert-drive-led-rear-light
Logged
xrayspecs
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #7 on:
September 18, 2020, 10:59:18 AM »
I've had the Cateye ones as well; indestructible, the attachment on the other 3 mentioned is easier to change between bikes.
Logged
Greg B
Sr. Member
Posts: 470
Re: Rear lights
«
Reply #8 on:
September 18, 2020, 08:55:52 PM »
I’ve used the cayeye rapid x2 kinetic since 2016 and the exposure trace, but the best one to date has been the garmin varia (expensive but great for solo rides)
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
My Community
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
»
Rear lights