Author Topic: Rear lights  (Read 11407 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Rear lights
« on: September 15, 2020, 06:23:23 PM »
Has anyone got a recommendation for a rear light which does not fail after repeated soakings?  The longest I have had one last is 6 months. 
Must be small and rechargeable..

Thanks in anticipation!

Bob.F

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 07:05:49 AM »
Have a look at Blackburn lights.  I've been very impressed with mine.  Think in all honesty I preferred the battery version, just seemed to go forever.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
Ive got the exposure trace ones small and usb charger; survived everything. My previous exposure is still going strong.

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile


Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 07:56:50 AM »
Thanks all, some great advice here!

RobC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 212
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
I use this on my mountain bike in all weathers. About 2 years old. Often has to be washed because it's caked in mud. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-zecto-alert-drive-led-rear-light

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 10:59:18 AM »
I've had the Cateye ones as well; indestructible, the attachment on the other 3 mentioned is easier to change between bikes.

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Rear lights
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 08:55:52 PM »
I’ve used the cayeye rapid x2 kinetic since 2016 and the exposure trace, but the best one to date has been the garmin varia (expensive but great for solo rides)