Author Topic: Mid week rides wk of 20/03  (Read 4738 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »
Back to the routine! Weather forecast not great tomorrow but if it's not wet I'll be at B&Q as usual.I know Mark is hoping to make it.
I can only do Thursday this week other than that(weather Gods permitting)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:01:11 PM »
Hi Tom,

I can't make tomorrow but I will be out on Thursday if you or anyone else fancies a spin then?

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
Why didn't you bottle some Majorcan sunshine and bring it home with you Tom!! Unlike you I've had 10 days off the bike trying to rest the hip - don't think it's worked but I will be out tomorrow if the weather is ok

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »
I'm out on Wednesday evening but around Bangor and Caernarfon.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:05:30 PM »
I'm out and about tomorrow if anyone fancies a ride? 0945 from B&Q seems to be a good start point. I'm relaxed about the route and distance but would like a coffee stop at some stage ;).


Mark

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:13:19 PM »
Hi Mark-I'm a bit in 2 minds about tomorrow-the BBC are forecasting rain early but more to the point I've been feeling a bit below par all week-as Steve,Chris and Mal can confirm from Tuesday!If I wake up and feel great and it's dry I'll be there but more likely may go for a very gentle potter to Cowbridge in the afternoon. Sorry to be a wimp!

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 09:24:43 PM »
If anyone fancies a lumpy, long ride on Friday, I'll be doing Bwlch, Rhigos, Cimla, Bwlch with a stop at the cafe at Afan Argoed. I have some flexibility re start time, but need to be out no later than mid-morning (but would normally aim for about an 8.30-ish start). Anyone interested with legs fresh from the Mallorcan hills?

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:14 AM »
Hi Mark,

Enjoy the hills today. I won't be able to join you as I've now got to take Carol to work. I'll be going out later and riding out from Barry for a slightly flatter option.

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
Mark, it is tomorrow not today, so still a chance to join me
😊

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
My mid-week ride was great. Only 27 miles but some good hills. At the top of the mountain it was freezing, so much so my bosses Garmin switched off from the cold, snow on the hills around us. But spectacular views.

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 05:23:42 PM »
Mark I might be out Friday, where you meeting ?

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:41 PM »
Nige, I am planning to leave St Brides at 8.30. Can meet you at outside Phisique at 8.45 or anywhere else in Bridgend if that suits better. Can be flexible on departure time, up to the latest of about 10am if 8.45 is awkward.

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 07:24:20 PM »
Mark,
so long as the weather is good (forecast looks good) see you at phsique 08:45

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
Brilliant. Windy but dry. See you at 8.45