Author Topic: Velothon Wales 2016  (Read 44777 times)

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Velothon Wales 2016
« on: May 10, 2016, 08:19:44 AM »
Nice picture of Terry climbing the Tumble on the front of the Velothon information pack!

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:25:45 AM »
Nice pic Terry ;)

Whats everyone doing for transport? I now have  a space in my car and bike rack (Greg wont be riding  :( )  obviously in the bridgend area.


Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
as ever huge stream of riders sitting on Terry's wheel

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »
 Interested in lift share if still available, I live in Pencoed.

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
This years medal

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 06:47:22 PM »
password Oggies

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 08:34:41 AM »
Remember - all team change requests must be submitted by Monday before race number and wave allocations are emailed out on Tuesday!

Nick Langley

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »
The ones who used the secret password have got the same times  8)....

RoyH

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 06:38:14 PM »
I won't be riding this on Sunday so if anyone wants a free ride in this let me know, I'll be picking up the race pack on Friday so if anyone wants it I can drop it up the club or meet you some where, it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Nick Langley

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »
Guys, massive favour about to be asked. I have club kit waiting for me at the club house (arm warmers and gloves) but I can't make club night 2moro as I'll be out celebrating my 30th! Would anyone in the Bridgend and surrounding area be able to grab them and keep, and I can come and pick up from them on Saturday? Would love to wear them on Sunday. Let me know if you could help out

Thanks

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 11:30:28 PM »
I will be going down on Friday and can collect for you, I'm in Pencoed if you want to pick up or i can take on Sunday for you. Let me know

Nick Langley

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »
Nige that'd be great if you could. I'd prefer to pick them up Saturday if that's ok, save you having to bring extra stuff on Sunday as well. Do you want to send me a text on 07725081729 and we'll sort it out. Thanks a lot

wardhaugh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 08:06:21 PM »
My start time at 7.10 (I didn't manage to use my password access in time). I'm hoping you'll all smuggle me into pen C so I can start with you at 7.04, as I don't really fancy having to chase down 6 minutes (minimum) to catch you. Very keen to ride with the club this year as my pacemaking was dreadful last year (too fast too soon) and the last 40 miles were a solo TT.

If the number police are on duty (or other riders are getting shirty about queue jumping), I'll ride out onto the course ahead of you and forsake an official time, and join you as you pass through the first industrial estate.

Paul Nicholas

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
    • View Profile
Re: Velothon Wales 2016
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »
I'm starting at 7:10 too so could give you a tow up to everyone else if it doesn't work out. Are there any plans for the club to meet up before hand?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:10:01 PM by Paul Nicholas »