Thanks Steven, we'll see. Maybe I won't stop to put my jacket on next year! I think start times make a bit of a difference too, the guys off in the first pen seemed to be riding it as a team effort/race, which is much more sensible than starting off at the back and smashing it through the crowds. I wrecked myself trying to catch you guys, and found that I was full gas for the first section and mostly on my own. On the few occasions a couple of us worked together I always found I had to do longer harder turns on the front to keep it moving along. Great crowd though, and constantly being pushed on by other riders appreciating the hard work. Felt a lot more camaraderie than Sportives I have done a couple of years back. Riding a lot more sensible than the couple of road races I have done too!
I hooked up with Steve at the end who was smashing it. Awesome riding and great to meet up with an OVW shirt and drop straight into 2up TT on the way to Caerphilly mountain.
I would imagine a top 20 place would take a huge effort, kudos to the winner who made a break with 60km left to go!
Ta
P