Author Topic: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce  (Read 19116 times)

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »
Yup,thought so Jason
Will he be wearing his shiny shoes?

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »
 soz I cant make it, got another 50th birthday to go to:( gutted I wont be able to see the pain on dodgys face, allways gives me second wind!

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »
I may come out at 0700 for a couple of hours too...

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 09:01:42 PM »
You could always go and stay sober, Haydn!

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
I shall meet you at the Castell Mynach at 07.40
Such a dissapointment for Harpo,hopefully there'll be less pain on my face than at last year's reccie(and more power in the legs!)

Paul Nicholas

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 12:23:29 PM »
I'll meet you at Brackla. Mark R will try to be there too, although we both need to be back by 1pm so will head off at some point.

Ta
P

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 05:33:12 PM »
I need an extra 20 mins in bed so I'll meet you as you go past Pencoed college ( on the roundabout ) between 7.15-7.20 see you all then

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
Brackla @ 7:00

Pencoed college @ 7:15

Castell Mynach  @ 7:40

See you in the morning!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »
Has anyone got Gregs number to see how he is?

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 02:23:45 PM »
Im ok thanks nothing broken apart from my handlebar! My hip and ribs are hurting though, going to be awkward getting into bed tonight! Im gutted though as i usually take 6 weeks to recover from rib injuries in the past.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
Glad it's nothing more serious, at least you'll have the summer to ride if all heals Ok.

I made the mistake a few years ago of heading out with broken ribs and ended up pulling them, ultimately adding a few more weeks recovery so best to take it easy.

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »
Good to hear your OK(ish!) Greg
And Jason surely you've been going some secret training(or is it all that EPO those orthopaedic surgeons gave you!?)

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »
All,

firstly glad your OK Greg...Many thanks to all today you got me through my first OVW ride and first ton up ride of the year. Well done to the guys on front.Hope I didnt slow you down too much. Had a puncture at the 100 mile point first in a long time!!!

Great ride relaxing in the garden with a beer now. See you Friday. :)

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
I've got ton envy😂

Paul Nicholas

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 8th May Possible Velothon Recce
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 03:40:21 PM »
Well done Nigel good riding. Glad you're not too badly injured Greg, I thought you did well to correct yourself after the slide on the manhole cover but it just positioned you badly for the corner. Gutted.

I had to turn off with Mark at Caerphilly as I was feeling a bit weird, as Mark pointed out even though I thought a Cliff Bar, Protein Flapjack, and a Gel constituted eating a load of food it's not really enough when you're riding 100 miles. After stuffing a costa cookie in my face and a bit of a delirious moment on the climb up to the bypass I felt almost human again. Rucksack full of bacon sandwiches for me in 2 weeks time, and hopefully the wind will get behind us at some point!

Thanks for organising Andy

Ta
P