Author Topic: ride with steve  (Read 28551 times)

Wayne E

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 07:46:31 AM »
Steve i will see you out side Margam park by Dual  Carriagway if you want some company until you meet up with the A Team in Glyn Neath. Good luck for Team Tia.

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 09:44:56 AM »
Harpo - Should be back in Glynneath around 12.45 i recon if the first 60 miles go ok.

Andy - If your happy to start a bit later then great, i don't want to go mad early on anyway, but i know all that goes out the window on the day.

Wayne - Great see you there more the merrier.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »
So anybody coming meet at 10.45 in physique, that will give us plenty of time to amble to glynneath, weather really good, perfect for the Beacons  :D

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »
I'll meet Harpo and anyone else at 10:45, I can then make a decision around Glynneath on which way I should head.

If Harpo can text Steve to make sure all is Ok for tomorrow and we'll try to meet up, but where do we think is best to try to meet Steve?

There's a bus stop in Glynneath at the junction Steve should pop out at;
https://goo.gl/maps/LAJc3

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 07:16:14 AM »
Have a good one, that's not going to work for me now Steve's not off at the crack of dawn, and I have by far the worst saddle sores I've ever had for the last week or so, so may not fancy the bike or have to cut short anyhow.  :(

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
All is good for tomorrow, That looks a good place to meet, hope to see a few of you there.

Andy S

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 133
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 07:59:41 AM »
Steve,do you plan to stop at the Penderyn and Ystradfellte feedstations?
I try to avoid the early ones because the queues for water can be long,and last 2 or 3 Dragons I have had support(my long suffering wife and boys)meet me with stuff up Rhigos(30miles)and Caehopkin(70).
What do you usually do?
Do you want my lot to have stuff for you also?
Andy

Ben_North

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
Sounds cool, enjoy your day. I won't be joining unfortunately

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 08:25:41 AM »
That sounds like a good idea Andy thanks. I don't normally stop at the feed stations especially the early ones either but the weather tomorrow is looking good so picking up a bottle on the Rhigos would be great.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »
Ain't got time for food stops got to meet us! ;)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 01:55:49 PM »
Good luck to Steve and Team Tia tomorrow. I hope you all have a great ride. It looks like a fantastic day for it. I'm a bit strapped for time so I'll post a different route starting at 9am from Brackla for any Amblers who haven't quite got the time to join Harpo's group supporting Steve.   

Mark

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2015, 02:11:09 PM »
Andy, why don't you start at your original start time, you should get to us the same time then

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »
Inevitably I was thinking the opposite to everyone else and planning to go out on the course the opposite way round.In fact I may struggle to get out by 9 tomorrow so I'll play it by ear in the morning but may see you somewhere at some point!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »
Not a bad idea Tom, you see everyone and the route that way without having to share road space with all the unknowns! Only thing is you may be amongst traffic the whole time, though I've no real basis for saying that, just seems like a possibility. Conversely I wouldn't be surprised if you experience very little traffic because it stays away or gets stuck amongst the dragon riders that assume the roads are closed! Will be interested to see how you get on with that approach.

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: ride with steve
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 07:19:33 PM »
I know I said I might join you guys but the timing does not work for me. Have a great day Steve and also all the Oggies that hook up with you en route.