Author Topic: Bynea 25 emergency course  (Read 3734 times)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Bynea 25 emergency course
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:17:20 PM »
Went and rode the Bynea 25 today. It bears out what Rob Jones has said elsewhere.
A fab gently rolling course with very little traffic and a nice HQ for a change / cake selection to rival cafe velo 30 riders started. In comparison to next Sundays r25/3? where I didn't get in. Which is a shame as I was hoping to use today to help me towards next weekend.
It only took an hour to get there (2hours back due to misery traffic) which is the same as getting to Aberdare.
Also Kieron Davies showed that you can be talented and a nice guy as he was happy to chat with anyone about bikes / watts / coaching and gave a cheerful come on boys as he went past like a bullet.
Hopefully the results have attached as planned if you are interested.

AND I met someone else who has taken a wrong turning in a TT!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea 25 emergency course
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:16:05 PM »
Well done Chris and good report but you can't get out of it that easily!Lots of people have gone off course in a TT(and some of them OVW at the time)have subsequently thrown their bike and other things around HQ when they realised what happened-thinking they'd set a PB- but NO-ONE has EVER gone off course in a HILL-CLIMB!!!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea 25 emergency course
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »
Nice one Tom....if I had done what Chris did I'd have lied that the strava KOM was more important to me than the competition...about the only thing I can think of to get away with that! Mind you how many hill climb courses have a turn!?!

Top 10 Chris - well done. I went to the same place yesterday and it took about an hour and a quarter both ways from Cardiff...but then Rhigos I can get to in 40 mins, so at least it compares well in that respect.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea 25 emergency course
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »
I know I'll never live that down Tom...It does make me smile though.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea 25 emergency course
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »
OMG I've just seen Kieron's time!

Even though he does something ridiculous every single ride, I still do this  :o every time I see his latest time!