Author Topic: Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive  (Read 4807 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:07:26 PM »
Some good rides from OVW veteran members today, especially on the shorter 52 mile ride. Terry, Tony and I all made 'gold' standard with Terry the first of us home in 2:57, Tony and I a few minutes after.
Terry was particularly strong today, after I done the first few miles on the front, he took over and towed us until the half way point which also happened to be the foot of the main climb. He promptly dropped me and after riding v.hard for 10 miles I was just about in shouting distance when the puncture fairy paid a visit. That was the last I saw of him until St David's, good riding and well done to Tony who despite being dropped a bit sooner than me was still only a couple of minutes behind.

Richard Bowmer on the 75 miler was home in 5:30+, Haydn and Ben hadn't finished the 100 miler before I'd left.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
Five mile munchers set off at 7 in the morning, myself, ben, Richard b , rob hunt(who was on the club ride last week) and his son, james, who's 18 and only cycled two twenty milers(under 18 international running champ thou)
We all stayed together for twenty miles until the lumps started to get steeper, James and Richard carried on to do the 75. The climbs then came relentless and started to take their tole, rob dropped back abit and ended up cycling with Chris Boardman for 15 miles before rob had second wind and took off after us. Ben was suffering with bad cramp after 60 miles and the climbs kept on coming, so I pushed on to the finish! We all finished in the top 50 in the 100mile  and James and Richard finished high up in the 75 mile, good going for such tough ride
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:17:24 PM by harpo »

Ben_North

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:18 PM »
Fantastic ride, some great networking for ovw!

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »
Had this little note sent to me via the website.

I have at least one picture of one of your members in the 2015 tour of pembrokeshire. My sister and I just took pictures for fun as our Dad was riding. If you would like to take a look in the Face Book album here is a link. and if you would like to have a copy take one :D https://www.facebook.com/TourOfPembrokeshire?ref=ts&fref=ts

Kind regards Ruth and Daisy


Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Tour of Pembrokeshire sportive
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »
Received email with photos and video re Tour of Pembrokeshire.

http://www.everybodysmile.biz/cgi-bin/public.cgi?Id=222235    (Click where is says "Album now live" and you can fine tune where to look for your photos).

http://www.tourofpembrokeshire.co.uk/video.html