Author Topic: Bynea R30/6  (Read 10166 times)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Bynea R30/6
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
How far away is the start from HQ; I am assuming straight down the A40? Unfamiliar roads and roundabouts are making me nervous about possible unplanned deviations...

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:43 AM »

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:00:58 PM »
Do you want to share a lift?
 I can come over to yours but only have Citroen C1 so would you be able to drive us and both bikes?
We're only 10 minutes apart on start line

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:10:43 PM »
Yes no problem; should be able to get two bikes in the back of my car if we take the wheels off. Text me a time.

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
A little dickie bird says that Kieron won with a 1:03:01 (which is apparently not only a course record it is also a Welsh 30 record too)

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
I suppose it would be Teresa...not too many active 30 courses in Wales. Is that a 30mph average?

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:02:04 PM »
if the event is 30 miles long and the winning time is more than 1 hour is the average speed likely to be more or less than 30MPH.and you're a scientist Chris!
Seriously awesome ride,how did you and the other OVW's get on Chris?(I have bad memories of that event!)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »
If the course is exact then 28.57mph

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »
Conditions were tough, cold with a headwind back, I was rubbish! 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:42:02 PM by Andy H »

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 06:00:01 PM »
I am slightly distressed the casual reader will now think I can't do simple maths Tom; please send Rob Jones to the back of the class.
AND I stayed ON COURSE today.
Very tough headwind on the return; passed several riders who were clearly spent.
Don't have any results as we went home early.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »
Sorry Chris!The whole club will now know that I seem to be dyslexic when it comes to reading posts!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 06:28:04 PM »
And in fairness to Rob I notice from Strava that as a father of v young children he had very little sleep last night and did a much harder ride than me today so really the only person with egg on their face is yours truly

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
I could easily pretend that I was taking the p*** with that question....however I'll be honest and confess to being brain dead. Does not bode well for return to work tomorrow after a week off! I see Kieron won by about 7 minutes...so perhaps the most impressive thing is how he continues to motivate himself in these lower key events. He could probably ride round in zone 3 and still win!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »
The egg on face is all mine Tom! I actually thought about it for a moment too...and didn't have a clue!  :-[

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Bynea R30/6
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »
Actually Rob you may be right about zone 3!I calculate a 1.03 equates to  52.30 for a 25 which is pedestrian by Keiron's standards.I suspect the explanation for that is it was a pretty tough day