Author Topic: RR2 Sunday 22nd February  (Read 20910 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:54:11 AM »
Reminder that the 2nd Reliability ride is this Sunday.

Sign on by 8:15 for the 50 in 3.5 hours and by 8:45 for the 50 in 3 hours.


Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Epic weather forecast for this one. Think it was this event last year that most of us fought hard not to be blown off the top of the bwlch, whilst mark hardly seemed to be affected!

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »
Remember it well ; had to get off and walk for a while. No wind on the way up; biblical on the top.
Will be doing a spin around the Vale instead this year if its the same.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »
Come on Chris, its character building.  :o I think the problem is when you have a southerly wind, anything else seems ok up there and a westerly is delighful!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:03 PM »
If the weather is as bad as the BBC predicted a few minutes ago I certainly won't be going up there and think anyone else should think hard about it!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
As timekeeper for the event, I'm with Rob and the character building!  ;D

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
I know the forecast is not good for Sunday but I will be there at the appointed time, for those who intend to ride.

I think it's a case of seeing what conditions are like on the day and leaving it to the individual to make the decision about riding or not.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 10:35:32 PM »
Sensible Andy(as I'd expect)sorry if I seemed a bit negative!

Joew300497

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 10:57:36 PM »
Hello, I'm looking to join you this Sunday for the reliability ride, but have some questions (although I really like the idea of the event). How do the riders usually keep track of the route, is it marked or do people tend to stay in a group for the duration of the ride? And what kind of numbers are you expecting for the longer ride? Thanks in advance

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:23 PM »
Joe, route isn't marked. Riders tend to set off in a group, although this does tend to splinter along the way. The routes are on the website as Garmin files so could be downloaded but most club members would know them and help you en route.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
Joew, how many miles do you normally cycle and at what speed, are you familiar with the route and confident of riding over the Bwlch, possibly on your own in not the best conditions?

Rosssheehan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »
I'll be there At the back especially up the bwlch for company if anyone drops behind😄.

I had a look of the bwlch this morning and it's white with snow, don't know what the roads are like though.

RoyH

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
Ron I have a cold again so looks like I wont be there tomorrow unless I make a speedy recovery.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »
Forecast not quite so grim, still rain but wind strength reduced!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: RR2 Sunday 22nd February
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
I'll be giving it a miss, someone has brought a bug in to work and sent me down ill again.

The forecast seems similar to last weekend with the exception of the rain coming in about midday, so it should be a fairly good ride.