Author Topic: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please  (Read 13449 times)

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Please see attached.

I need the following, so please offer your services asap

1 x Pusher
4 x course marshal
1 or 2 people to put up and remove signs
1 x tea/ coffee maker and taking of contributions for cakes
1 x on the day coordinator

The last one is so I can ride - this would involve basically being around and available at HQ and potentially making a decision if something happened (e.g. a freak hailstorm or wild horses doing laps of the course). Last year it involved doing very little so I would suggest this person could also look after signing on and results, and anything else they fancied filling their time with.

Its a small and local event (HQ near Pendoylan south of M4 J34) so you'll be home by about 11am whatever support you offer.

Finally and equally importantly I need OVW entries for this event please (just 2 Oggies so far and I want 10 plus please to make it worthwhile). No aero bars allowed so most people will be riding on standard road bikes...a great event to have your first bash at a time trial I would suggest.

Any questions just ask here or by personal message (read the attached first as that may well answer your question)

Thanks

Rob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile

I don't mind coordinating/ doing the results or anything else you need...

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Rob I will put up the sign with a helper

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Update -

Firstly only 3 Oggies have entered thus far. Your last chance to do so via the CTT internet entry is I think tomorrow (possibly even today) as it closes 2 weeks beforehand. I will take entries manually for a few days after that so if you miss it get your entry in the post and let me know its on its way asap.

Support wise thanks Steven and Ron, I'll take you up on those offers. I still need someone to assist Ron with the signing and I need 4 marshals and a pusher. BUT please don't let that put you off riding or entering by the way as if we don't get more entries (especially from Oggies) I will suggest calling the event off. I don't want to waste peoples' good time in supporting on the day if the numbers riding don't justify it.


« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:34:40 PM by Rob Jones »

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Get your entries in guys, great way of getting into time trialing.

 Nobody on flash TT bikes or fancy aero gear and a challenging course.

And the tea and cake always tastes better after pushing yourself really hard!


marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 09:25:18 PM »
Hi Rob,

Happy to help out don't mind pushing off or course marshal.

Kind Regards,

Mark

stevelandeg

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
I'm up for anything.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »
With regret the event is cancelled due to insufficient interest in riding.

Those who have entered will be refunded. HQ has been cancelled and CTT notified.

Apologies to the few Ogmore riders that entered and many thanks to those who offered support.

Rob P

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »
 :( It was probably the clash with the crit in Porthcawl I guess.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
Sorry Rob. Yes the clash was unfortunate but also the event clearly failed to capture the interest of the club. Not a criticism, time is valuable and people should spend it doing what they choose. Anything like midweek 10 levels of Oggies entering and we would have been fine to go. There is extensive resurfacing going on in the area anyway, which could have caused more inconvenient cancellation later in the day. I know some would have run the event regardless of numbers but for me it has to seem worthwhile. When numbers supporting an event compare with numbers riding it isn't justified for me. Might be worth incorporating a 1 lap version into the midweek series for a couple of years (ie just one or two weeks of the series) to get oggies familiar and more interested, but then one of the successes of the midweek is its simplicity and reliability. Anyway do post any suggestions and feed into the committee. Obviously I won't be entering it again with ctt for next year.

stevelandeg

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
Re: Ogmore Valley Wheelers Event 15th September - your support needed please
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
As all the donkey work has been done (risk assessment, police notification etc) for this year, is it possible to hold this as a club event?