Author Topic: Pacers Sunday 18th January  (Read 14707 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers Sunday 18th January
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »
Unfortunately still far from healthy so will not make club run this Sunday. Will be trying to get couple of hours easy riding in but far from the intensity of either Pacers or supercharged Amblers.

Have a good one, looks like a cold but mostly dry day. Hope to see you next week

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »
Andy why don't you tag along with the 25er,s, I won't tell. Blow away those cobwebs.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »
Thanks for the offer, Ron but I'm going to lie in and go out a bit later!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 01:01:40 PM »
I'm not liking the look of tomorrow mornings weather, currently -1 from 06:00 to 10:00 and warming up from 11:00 for my post code.

I think Andy might have the right idea of having a lie in for tomorrow.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 03:20:09 PM »
Rolling rolling rolling...

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »
Thinking of starting at 10am , stick to main roads wick Barry stfagans llantrisant, we have also got the option of going the opposite way, give the ones in llantrisant area extra time for temperature to rise! All welcome, what do you think then?????

Ben_North

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »
I'm there, sounds like a plan

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 06:23:39 PM »
If you do it in reverse will be at Talbot Green Roundabout from about 10:20.

Ben_North

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 06:41:20 PM »
See you there Chris

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »
So far Wayne Ben and myself meeting at 10, picking up Chris and Jason on route at 10.30.any one else???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:30:39 PM by harpo »

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
I'll see how icy it is here; if its OK I'll come at 10. I'll text Mark Rosser.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 08:10:01 AM »
Already above freezing here! ;D

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 08:46:03 AM »
It's getting there quicker than expected this end, still below freezing though;
http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.8.03614

Looking good for meeting at 10:30 @ Talbot Green.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:51:31 AM by Jason T »

Shawn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »
I was out early, too early!

Had an off just after the Esso garage near Aberthaw, perfectly straight bit of road slight down hill. New road surface was a perfect sheet of ice.

Don't think anything is broken, just some dented confidence and ripped leggings, hope you all got round safe

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers Sunday 18th January
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
Hope you're Ok... might start bruising/aching after a few hours.

I phoned Chris to tell him I was heading home, I had four near offs in less than two miles with the last one coming down Church Village Bypass. That is the slowest I think I have ever brought myself to a stop.

Another cyclist had an off and there was a car crash of some kind.

I thought it's not worth it especially with Majorca around the corner.

Heal up Shawn.