Author Topic: New Cycling Cafe Project  (Read 6278 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
New Cycling Cafe Project
« on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »

I’m looking at starting my own business, and I'm planning to open a Cycling Café.  I'm in the early stages at the moment.  I'm just in the process of writing the business plan. One of the most important parts of the business plan is the market research. I would be grateful if you could fill in this small survey to help me with my market research questions. Please pass on to any cycling friends you have.
Of Course been members of the OVW you will be entered into a draw for £25 cash ( free membership) to be drawn after the AGM. Please don’t forget to enter your names on question 2.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QYLJ2VZ



Thanks in advance Paul

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:29 PM »
Good luck Paul, hope you can pull it off!

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
I think a fairly easy to access location, good space for parking, good quality roasted beens and good barista skills and people will keep returning.

There's a chap in Aberdare that has a mobile setup on a Piaggio Ape, good for events and following club runs ;-)

Some good info on the following sites and I've got some links to some good roasters that I've used recently if you're interested;
http://www.home-barista.com/newbie-introduction-to-espresso.html
http://coffeeforums.co.uk/forum.php

I've also recently found that a good coffee grinder really helps with flavour profiles and would be a good investment.

Good Luck Paul.

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
Done it mate.

Look at Jason all full of beans - get it? I'll get my coat......

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 08:56:55 AM »
Hope Paul gets it right first time or he'll be a hasbean.... I'm outta here.

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 01:49:49 PM »
Go for it Paul ! Good luck.

As an ex Surveyor - General Practice - dealing with the valuation of shops I would say there are three things to consider. Location, location and location

As an ex - cyclist, soon to be a re-born cyclist, I would say a smile and great cakes are the next best things. The smile is free but you need to make the cakes if you can.

Pyle Garden Centre is a great model interior, stuff in some retro bikes and transfer the operation to, say, Pencoed main street or St Brides Major (fewer pedestrians more cyclists en-route - and will they stop ?) should do the trick.

Get your pinny out

Tim

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
Thanks for all the advice and kind comments, I've still got a long way to go. Don't forget as OVW club members you'll be entered into a £25 draw for completing the survey, it's only 10 questions.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 09:46:41 AM »
Don't forget ice-cream!!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 08:38:58 PM »
Done-if I win the £25 I am happy to commit here to spending it on first club-run to stop at café Longthorn!

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 01:49:32 PM »
Just over a week to get the survey filled in to be in with a chance of free club membership for a year. Please don't forget to fill your name in.

Darrenthomas

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New Cycling Cafe Project
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
Hi Paul, Darren here from Pedalcover.
If you decide to proceed with your exciting new venture, give me a call, I will supply your cups & mugs free of charge - dual branded.
Not sure if you have seen the Cups at Café Velo?