Author Topic: Running shoes  (Read 6124 times)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Running shoes
« on: August 04, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Does any have a recommendation for where to go and get a proper pair that will suit my feet etc?

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:37:41 PM »
I've just purchased a pair from Wiggle as they've got a pretty good sale on, they've arrived but I've yet to try them out.

Since they've arrived I've started to read such things as gait analysis and it seems Moti and Run and Become in Cardiff offer this service, so it might be worthwhile heading to one of those shops for free analysis to ensure you get the right style of shoes for your feet.

As fas as I know this service is free if you purchase the shoes from the shop, might be best to confirm this before hand though.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:48:25 PM »
That's why I asked When I ran cross country I just wore what my parents could afford and borrowed spikes. Somewhere around Bridgend would be good

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Running shoes  :D...whatever next....goalkeeping gloves!?!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:12:01 PM »
Albany road near the Globe, they will put you on a treadmill, film your legs and feet and then sell you the correct shoes, then email you for ever.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
I was looking at this shop online Ron (I guess you're talking about Moti), did they provide a good service as I may head over there later in the year for a fit (free parking and away from the town centre appeals to me but not if the service is not very good)?

Cheers

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »
Bought my shoes there, (Moti) you're correct in thinking gait analysis service is free if you buy shoes from them. They did also price match, if you have details of website.
I found them helpful as I was previously using a shoe with too much support, which were causing foot pain. Have run loads since without any issues.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
Went to Moti and they were very helpful. Just have to run in them now.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »
Sounds like Moti is a good choice then ~ Any shoe sales going on in there Chris?

I'm not so sure about this running thing though, I'm sure my legs have started to seize up and my chest is hurting from poor posture... I only jogged/walked a 3.3miles distance yesterday.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »
Gave it up years ago to focus on cycling and get more life out of my dodgy right knee. Spose it could be a more time effective way to stay fit through winter...not sure how quick, if at all cycling muscles would fully return following season though! My wife got her running shoes from that place to...they are doing well it seems!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Running shoes
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:53 AM »
There is also a shop by the main bus station, near the Comedy Club, close to Train etc.