Author Topic: Mid Week Club Run 1st July  (Read 2915 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Mid Week Club Run 1st July
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »
I'm out for a spin Tuesday. Weather looks great, so bring your sun cream, I plan to ride the mid week route around 35 Miles. I'll be at the B&Q Roundabout at 9:30 all welcome.

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Mid Week Club Run 1st July
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »
I'll be there Paul.  Should anything go wrong with the school run and I'm late then I'll pick up with you en route from the Penllyn direction.

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Mid Week Club Run 1st July
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
Three of us out this morning. Carrie, Steve Chapman, and me.
It was a normal club run until Steve was nearly taken out by a woman riding a bike with a shopping basket, she came flying around a bend on the wrong side of the road,in the lanes. Steve's exceptional bike handling skils saved the. Day and the rest of us following.

All was normal until we got to Llantwit Major and saw HRH the Prince of Wales and his wife, outside the Velo Cafe. We stopped for a cuppa (not with Charles) and headed off home.

Nice weather, nice company 41 miles.

I have a rare day off on Friday and I'm planning a 100 miler. I post the route soon.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:10:05 PM by Paul Longthorn »

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid Week Club Run 1st July
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »
The royal club run is becoming a speciality of yours. Arise Sir Paul!