Author Topic: Bike buying advice needed  (Read 2785 times)

jon.k

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Bike buying advice needed
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:54:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

Not been on the new forum or on any club runs for a while I know, but thought you'd be good people to ask for some advice. I still make sure wheelers kit is seen around Worcestershire!

I've been looking at Lynskey ti frames for a while, and just went into a local bike shop to find they're selling their display model. Viale Frame is £999 everywhere, but they're offering the complete bike for £1700 with 105 and mavic aksium wheels, or £1500 without wheels.

As I only know what the frame costs, but not the price they were selling the complete build at before, I'm not sure what kind of price I should be aiming for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jon

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Bike buying advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »
Hi Jon, good to hear from you and missing you in the road races!

demo sounds great value to me, especially 1500 without the wheels. I think they are great wheels - Mine from what 6 years ago are still going strong service and no doubt  any kind of looking after free, with Mr Madeley! But you could probably get hold of em for less than 200 assuming you wanted/ needed them in 1st place. Let us know how you get on with a Ti frame. Very jealous!

jon.k

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bike buying advice needed
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:51 PM »
Thanks Rob, I'll let you know how it goes. I've wanted one for ages and my training bike is knackered, so I'm quite tempted.