Author Topic: Pacers rides Sunday 22nd June 8AM START TOMORROW  (Read 21394 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacers rides Sunday 22nd June 8AM START TOMORROW
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
I'm not around for the coming Sunday 15th June but planning a ride out to the Gower on Sunday 22nd June for anybody not entering the '25' on that day.

Probably be a 100 miler or thereabouts and maybe  make it an earlier start so not back too late.

Can recommend the ice-cream parlor on the pier at Mumbles for a cafe stop!!

Will post a route next week, suitable for Amblers fancying bit more of a challenge .
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:53:51 AM by Andy H »

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »
I'm around and up for a ride in what looks like good conditions. I was planning to ride the '100'  but after the '50' I realise I've not done enough rides over 2 hrs. That, and the fact that it's England on the telly until the early hours and the Pet Shop Boys in concert on Sunday night.  A man of my advancing years needs to take it easy....

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 12:33:31 PM »
Come on Steven, I am assuming we don't need to pedal nearly as hard for the 100 as for a 50!

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »
I work on 100% for a '10', 95% for a '25' and 90% for a '50'. What do you think for a '100'?

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »
I was thinking endurance pace, about 80-85% of effort I would put into a 10, as measured by HR.

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:08:10 PM »
Hello!! Long time!!

Is there an amblers ride, Sunday? Anyone riding early? (Fathers day)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »
Andy I've missed you attacking EVERY incline on club rides..Welcome back.

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
Hahaha...

Chris, there will be no attacking! I'm even less of a climber then i was back then!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
Andy W there should be an ambers run on Sunday, I'll be out Sunday.
Andy H, I'm up for the 22nd as long as there as some other amblers for company. Looking forward to Cefn Bryn.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
I doubt I'll be out this Sunday but a ride out to the Gower on the 22nd sounds good.

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Where you guys riding tomorrow?


Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
Andy, I'm up for this.

Richard - hopefully some other amblers but at least us two so far

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »
I'm thinking of going up the Bwlch. Been an age since I was last up there. Weather's good for it

Andy W

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
Plus, I need to burn off the late night football/booze!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Pacers rides Sunday 15th and 22nd June
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:22 PM »
What football is on?