Author Topic: Amblers 1st June 2014  (Read 6860 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Amblers 1st June 2014
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
Won't be out tomorrow. Have a good ride. Who's going to post a route?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:36:02 PM by Paul Longthorn »

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
Would anyone fancy the following?
http://www.strava.com/routes/401370

Cafe stops available around the 27 mile mark at Dyffryn Gardens or the 37 mile mark at Cafe Velo.

Happy to roll with any other suggestions.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
I'm happy to go with the flow Jason.I was about to post a hilly option-Pencoed,Brynna,L'oreal,Fire Station Hill,Left (and more hills)back to Blackmill,Llangeinor,Shwt,Left up Llangynwydd Mountain.Then either down to Parc Slip for coffee of(a bit longer)straight on to A48,/Porthcawl.
See what people feel like?

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »
Sure thing, lets see what everyone thinks in the morning and that sounds like a good route as well Tom.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
I won't be there in the morning. I'm going to be doing a longer route with lots of climbing ready for the Dragon Ride the following weekend. 8am start for me.

Wayne E

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 11:07:48 PM »
Where in Coity  are you meeting Harpo ? Jason if you seeand this post a few of the Amblers are doing 75 hilly miles and starting at 8.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »
Meeting Richard 8.05 coity post office! Need to do some hills before dragon

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 07:10:37 AM »
Where in Coity  are you meeting Harpo ? Jason if you seeand this post a few of the Amblers are doing 75 hilly miles and starting at 8.

Only just seeing this. It doesn't look like I can make the earlier run as I've not got enough time to get ready and down there so 09:00 for me today.

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 07:33:34 AM »
Same here - I'll be there at 9

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Fortunately I think most/all club members have learned to take no notice of anything I say but I would like to apologise to anyone I misled when I said we had a choice of a flatter or a hillier route this morning.This was entirely due to my laziness in not bothering to blow up the very excellent route Jason posted last night!I should of course have said we had a choice between 2 hilly rides.
As it was 14 of us set out from Physique-sorry Paul,I need you to list everyone but included Marshall back for his 2nd club run and Mark Cooke looking svelte.We followed the route Jason posted above,going round the camp rather than straight along the main road,splitting up at Café Velo where some stopped while others pressed on.
Everyone I spoke to enjoyed the ride and I think thanks to the influence of Jason and 1 or 2 others we managed to get out of our Ambling comfort zone and push it a bit harder than normal.
Thanks Jason for excellent route!
I plan to get out Tuesday morning(and poss Thurs as well)but will post separately in case anyone is free.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »
It was a good ride today, thanks to all for the company ~ Steve, Andy & Paul certainly injected some pace into that ride as well today.

Hope people aren't feeling too tired after some of those hills and everyone enjoyed it.

Carrie Williams

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 100
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers 1st June 2014
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 06:35:32 PM »
Thanks for the ride today - a great route.  I'm out on Tuesday Tom so will check out the message board nearer the time.