17 riders left Brackla on a combines Pacers/Amblers ride.No-one having any better suggestions we followed my proposed route to Coity,Bryncethin,old road to Llangeinor,back road to the Bwllch then down the Afan Valley to PT.Rather than heading for Porthcawl as Terry warned us it was so busy yesterday we might wait an hour for a coffee we headed to Parc Slip for our coffee stop.Very pleasant sunny ride,a few incidents to report though.
First I'm worried Steve Chapman's eyesight may be going the way of mine-he says he saw our Club Captain having come down the Bwllch ride past us.I'm sure if it was Paul he'd have turned round and climbed it again just to be with his club-mates.
Second I saw Chris G en route who'd gone on his own for a hillier ride as he assumed Mark R wasn't going to be out as he hadn't posted anything.Mark who was with us says Chris should have been at Physique by 9!
I'm sorry this sub-standard report doesn't list everyone by name but a good proportion were called 'Mark'including Mark(Redbeard)out on his first club-run 6 months after taking up cycling.I'm sorry it was a hillier route than usual Mark -you did well and it'll be easier next week-unless you can join us for a mid-week ride,I'm hoping to get out on Tuesday but will post separately.