Author Topic: Sunday Social Ride 3 April  (Read 9042 times)

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:35:17 PM »
I’ll be out again this weekend, weather looking good. I’ll post a route in the next day or so, it will be around 35 miles into the Vale with a coffee stop en route.

Scott

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 09:35:01 PM »
See you there Richard👍🏼
Scott

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 09:40:58 PM »
Here's the route.

Brackla Coychurch Pencoed Pontyclun Miskin Hensol Pendoylan Welsh St Donats Aberthin Cowbridge Lantwit Major Wick St Brides Major Home. 34.48 miles and 1,286ft ascent.
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/97169954

Proposed coffee stop in Fredwell Cafe, as recommended by Dave W, which is on the road between Welsh St Donats and Aberthin, https://fredwell.cafe/

See you all Sunday, 9am prompt depart from Physique, wrap up warm for a chilly start.

Tammy

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 09:44:11 AM »
Hi Richard,

I had every intention of joining this weekend but tested positive for Covid yesterday :-\ so its a no go for me.

I should be fine for next weekend though  :)


xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 09:56:02 AM »
Can you access Fredwell via that road?
I think?? only via Llanquian road or A48 pant wilkin stables turn.
Might be worth checking with them.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »
Can you access Fredwell via that road?
I think?? only via Llanquian road or A48 pant wilkin stables turn.
Might be worth checking with them.

Hi Chris I messaged them before posting the route and they said that both walkers and cyclists use that road that runs between Welsh St Donats and Aberthin. I couldn’t get Garmin connect to follow Llanquian road, it kept jumping straight across. It is Llanquian road that we will be using. We’ll find for sure on Sunday morning.

Thanks
Richard

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 02:01:56 PM »
Hi Richard,

I had every intention of joining this weekend but tested positive for Covid yesterday :-\ so its a no go for me.

I should be fine for next weekend though  :)
Oh no, get well soon. And hope you are recovered in time to join us next weekend. Best wishes

carlos45

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 08:21:31 PM »
I'll be there this Sunday as well

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2022, 06:32:51 PM »
Slight amendment for the route in the morning. From Welsh St Donats we’ll drop down Watery Lane and across to Aberthin and Cowbridge, with the coffee stop in Cowbridge somewhere.

carlos45

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 07:22:07 PM »
OK see you jn the morning.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 01:57:45 PM »
Seven of us out from the start today, me, Chris, Rich L, Karl, newbie Dave, Scott and Carl. Rich L and Karl intending on riding with the group to Cowbridge and then looking for extra miles, which they did, taking Dave with them. The rest of us made for the coffee stop at the Hare and Hounds. From there we took a detour across to Llysworney and Colwinston and then on to St Donats and the lanes and back onto the Wick Road. Chris left us at Broughton and the rest of us pressed on through St Bride’s and home.
Enjoyable ride in good conditions. I’m still recovering from COVID so will be happy to take this group for the next couple of weeks. See you all next weekend.

carlos45

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 07:11:01 PM »
See you next week Richard and get we soon ,I enjoyed the Sunday route except that hill 👍

DaveS

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 10:40:04 AM »
Thanks for the ride everyone, and Richard for organising! Really enjoyed it and good to meet you all!!

Scott

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Social Ride 3 April
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
Thanks Richard. I might be away this coming Sunday. If not, I'll be at Physique by 9.00 am. Cheers
Scott