Author Topic: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November  (Read 5125 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« on: November 27, 2021, 07:37:47 AM »
I'll  be out, weather permitting.
30/40 miles at steady pace.
Will post a route later, probably stick to main roads a likely to be a lot of debris in the lanes!

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 10:12:11 AM »
Hi Andy, I’ll be out with you in the morning. And Nigel has been in touch to say there will be a visitor looking to join the club ride this week too.

AndrewL

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »
Andy, Richard:
I'm the guest rider! What time are you planning to start?
Andrew

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 02:06:31 PM »
Hi Andrew

It's a 9:00 am start.

See you in the morning

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 02:21:43 PM »
Suggested route, coffee in Cowbridge

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/84478274

Bit longer than intended but we can drop the loop around the airport, which is about 13kms. See how we go, in the morning
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 02:23:55 PM by Andy H »

AndrewL

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 05:00:00 PM »
Hi Andy
I can't seem to access this route despite logging into both to Garmin Connect and the OVW forum site. Is there something I'm missing?
Cheers
Andrew

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 05:36:29 PM »
Hi Andrew,

My mistake, I'd left the 'privacy' setting on. Hopefully it will open now

Andy
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:54:27 PM by Andy H »

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »
Hi Andy
I can't seem to access this route despite logging into both to Garmin Connect and the OVW forum site. Is there something I'm missing?
Cheers
Andrew
It is opening ok for me in Connect when I click on the link

AndrewL

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 06:49:17 AM »
I had my Booster Covid injection yesterday morning before I left Nottingham.  I was fine all day but had a reaction overnight with hot and cold shivers and poor sleep so will be sensible and rest today.  Perhaps I can join you next time I’m down? If you’re in Nottingham and looking to join one of our club rides, let me know.  Have a good ride!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »
I know that feeling, same reaction to 2nd jab and booster.

Of course your welcome to join us, whenever you're down.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 03:05:14 PM »
4 Amblers out today, Tony, Richard, Lee and myself.

Route the route as planned, in sunny but cold, crisp conditions. Steady pace will all four sharing the work load.

Uneventful ride, apart from Richard taking wrong turn at first roundabout for 2nd weeek in succession!  ;D

Stopped at Hare & Hounds bakery in Cowbridge for coffee break. Great cakes, sausage rolls and coffee. Glad we were only a few miles from home!

I'm not out next week, feel free to post here or in Chasers if you plan to ride.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers/Social ride Sunday 18th November
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 07:56:16 PM »
Enjoyed that again this morning thanks Andy and there will be many more visits to the Hare and Hounds.

If there is demand for a slower ride again next week I’m happy to post a route, that should help me avoid taking any more wrong turns.