Author Topic: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT  (Read 43307 times)

stevelandeg

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
On 27th April, OVW will be holding the 2014 Carl Roach Memorial time trial.
For those who don't know, Carl was one of the most talented riders in the area who was tragically taken form us way too soon.

For the club to promote this event it needs a core of volunteers to crew various roles on the day. Without these, the race will not happen.
One of the unofficial rules of clublife is that no OVW clubmember can get on the startsheet unless they are amongst those who can do a job on the day or supply someone who can.
So, I need some volunteers to put up/take down direction signs, marshall two junctions, push off riders, assist the finishing timekeeper, make and serve refreshments, and staff the HQ before during and after the race.

To date, I have two volunteers, one for sorting out the incoming finish times and one for catering.
I also have entries from more than two club members.
This event, depending on the numbers of entries, will need a minimum of 13 individuals to step forward. Ideally pick your job now and, especially, tell me what you are willing to do.
So before you intend this to be one of your season's targets, let me know of your availability.




Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »
Available, prefer HQ job but generally do as I'm told!


ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
I will sign the Resolven and Aberdulais roundabouts and marshal at the turn, I will need an assistant to get the signs up quickly plus a few marshals. We now have 80 members in the club so we should have no problem in getting volunteers. Perhaps others can the ride without having to help out.

Wayne E

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
Steve you can put me down  to help out i will do any role required.

stevelandeg

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 173
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Thanks for putting your hands up.
C'mon these chaps want some company.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
Sorry Steve-I'm off back to Spain next Sunday and won't be back in time-I'm ok for Tim's event though!!

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »
Hi Steve,

I`ve entered but fully understand that helpers/club comes first.

Happy to help in any role?

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 05:28:27 PM »
I,ve entered too.  I'll do the result board....

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »
We could still do with more helpers, this would help Mark (he need lots of help) to concentrate on the event and not have to marshal after he has finished . We just need someone to stand at the turn and roundabouts to direct the riders. It's not to difficult and you get to wear a Hi viz jacket, can't get better than that. Just add you your name to this page and Steve will be able to sleep at night. Thanks

Jason S

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 10:09:12 AM »
Hi Steve,

I can assist - put me down for whatever is required!?!

cheers
Jason S

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
I would like to ride but don't mind helping either as I don't think I'll threaten the leaderboard.
And directions are my strong point....

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
It looks like I should be available for this if needed, please let me know if you require me to take on a role for the event.

I've not attended this event before nor have I helped in such an event, so a sensible position would probably be best for me if you're short on volunteers.

Neil Bartlett

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
I am available for selection, happy to help where needed!

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »
What Jason said applies to me too - no critical roles please (but can do anything else) - I would like to ride if possible.

RoyH

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Carl Roach 25TT
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
I'm available to help should you need me, what Jason said applies to me also.