Author Topic: garmin 310xt ?  (Read 4261 times)

darrenhens

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
garmin 310xt ?
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
Hello lads/ladies
As the title suggests I am thinking of getting one of these watches as I am fed up of using my phone which a, drains my battery and b, seems to lose GPS signal regular, has anyone else got one of these and would they recommend them? They are £130 at the moment so is that good for the money or is there a better one? I would like it to be able to pair up with strava or endomondo btw

Thanks in advance

Daz

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »
Haven't used the 310XT but very happy with other Garmin products I've used. Edge 705 computer and 910XT watch.

Link DCrainmaker review of 310XT, he's a guy who does loads of independent reviews and seems to know what he's talking about:-

 http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2009/09/garmin-forerunner-310xt-in-depth-review.html


Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
I have no experience of the Forerunner but it looks ideal if you intend to use it for a mixture of Swimming, Running & Cycling.

If you require a device for cycling only then I would suggest taking a look at the Garmin Edge 500, the basic package can be had for just under £115 from PBK using the code on the following site;
http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/outdoor-gps/garmin-edge-x00.htm

Battery life on the Edge 500 is phenomenal.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
Sold out, not surprising at that price!! Also, the price excluded VAT.

darrenhens

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Ah I read that review on my night shift last night and ordered the 310 😄 it looks ideal for me so fingers crossed! X

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
I think the prices on PBK include VAT, I just tried the Performance one at £197.99 and it brought it down to £168.29.

Might be worthwhile regularly checking back for the other offer Richard.

The forerunner looks good Daz especially if you need the other features.

darrenhens

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: garmin 310xt ?
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »
Ah to be honest jas it's about 90% cycling I do with the odd run but after the first weeks trial I can conclude that it is perfect for my rides down the coast way. Which, with strava on my phone used to regularly lose signal this this keeps on track I g  ;D
Daz