Author Topic: Our Event. 10.06.14. 10mile TT. Celtic Series 4of8. Resolven-Aberdulias R10/22a  (Read 25042 times)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
At least we know what's going on now, is that August this year it will be finished? I will be at my villa that week but after the excellent turnout of marshals for our 25 there should be now problems. Perhaps a bigger entry for a more popular course, more money for the club.

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Thanks all for your support so far. I will be in touch nearer the date with duties etc. I hope to hear from a lot more members yet !

It would be good if I could hear from a few newbies who have no experience of TT's but would like to see how they go. Perhaps one of you would particularly like to help with pushing off. You get to see the riders and their bikes and see how they spend the last few minutes in preparation before starting their ride.

Tim

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
In my case talking too much.
I've entered and could do with a later start time that my legs won't justify.
Happy to ride / help though.

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Newbie here! Offering my services

Tony M

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 251
    • View Profile
Hi
I am offering my services to help any way I can. :-*

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Tractor please at exactly 30mph  ;D

Andy Green

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
I'd would be happy to help in any way I can (provided that the baby doesn't decide to make an early appearance!).

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Thanks all for your offers of help.

Does anyone specifically want to push of. One Newby should do it with one experienced at it !

Entries are now closed and it looks as if we have 65 riders in total.

Steve Landeg is doing the Rider Start Sheet for me and I will get him also to attach that and the Start Cover Sheet to a posting here. Just so you can all have sight of it before the event next week.

It is a fast course (with few tractors). I managed to beat my Standard Time on it in April, even with a gammy leg and no winter training so on a good night ?

I will post again later this week with allocated jobs.

Thanks again folks.

Tim

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Tim can you edit the main title, the location still says St Athan, could confuse a new member. Thanks

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
It was changed this morning  ;)

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
'' Attached are the Start Sheets for next Tuesdays Time Trial in Resolven. I am greatly indebted to Steve Landeg for the IT in sorting out the Riders list. I almost defy any other member to do this because it requires so many skills.
 
I am still short of at least two volunteers. I need an experienced club member to assist a newby at pushing off and number keeper at HQ who will also assist Mary and Allan with the teas. Please volunteer now so that I can allocate jobs without having to pull any of the clubs riders from the race. Thanks.      Tim''

[attachment deleted by admin]

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Thanks for that change Teresa, I'm not about till Friday but with close to 90 members someone can spare a few hours to help the "Regulars" out. Only one week to go so please put your hand up and offer some help, there may be a cup of tea in it.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
If you are stuck I can do numbers etc, won't be able to be there before 1745 at the earliest.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
I agreed with Tim yesterday to get there by 5-30 to do the numbers.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile

I can do results and presentations - will need the board etc set up as I will be dashing from work...