Author Topic: British National Road Race  (Read 24505 times)

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:14 AM »
I would be happy with Caerleon if it means not hanging around for a late in the day finish, that being said I'll be keeping an eye on the forecast as I don't mind riding in the rain but I wouldn't want to hang around for any length of time.

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 09:52:05 AM »
Don't worry! I'll be the first to bail out if it's raining.

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
how about something like this? haven't done this before so i hope it works.


http://www.strava.com/routes/518478

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:24 PM »
What time do we need to set off to get to Caerleon in good time to watch the race come through?

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
The forecast for now is just a risk of light rain showers.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:27 PM »
I can't make this one Steve but your route looks a good one.Just thought I'd mention there's a newish cycle track(signposted)from Caerleon to Newport.Very scenic along the river and fine for road bikes,avoiding some pretty busy roads and junctions

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
Tom - Thanks, certainly an option to have a look at on the day and pick up some of the route.

Richard - I think the start time should be the same 9am this should give us time to get there maybe have a coffee and pick a good spot.

I remembered in work last night a club run Rob took us on a few years back when we went to Usk. Ive had another look and used some of the roads we went on so this route might be better.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:46:40 AM by Steve Chapman »

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »
Sorry that was the same one

This is the new one -  http://www.strava.com/routes/523241

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
Its the TT over same neck of woods today btw. Between Celtic manor and Usk I think.

Hope to join you on Sunday btw. Looks like a plan is coming together, nice one steve

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »
Yes thanks to Steve for all the organising, hope you can organise some tidy weather for us on the day too.  :)

Neil Bartlett

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »
Count me in, weather forecast improving, looking forward to it  :)

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
Every time i look the weather is getting better all the time. Hope you can make it Rob, haven't used my garmin 500 for following a route before so would be good to have you navigate through Newport.

Chris Reed

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 177
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 10:35:18 PM »
I'm in guys!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »
I hadn't appreciated race doesn't start til 1...thought it finished bout then! So while I may enjoy some miles with the rest of you in the morning, I'll be heading home for my lunch time curfew.

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: British National Road Race
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
Sorry that was the same one

This is the new one -  http://www.strava.com/routes/523241

Route looks good Steve.

What's the proposed start time for tomorrow as I'll meet the group en route... probably around this point;
http://tinyurl.com/ll9hcke