Author Topic: Amblers Ride 26th May  (Read 9548 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Amblers Ride 26th May
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »
After a lovely ride last weekend is anyone fancying another lumpy ride? Not to the same extent as the unpleasantness of Goytre road last weekend. Weather's looking good.

Jo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »
Very lumpy would suit just fine 👍I need lots of hill practice

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
Would anyone object to this one?

https://www.strava.com/routes/19064516



It's a bit up and down. Nothing too taxing. Plus there's nice Bacon in Barry (he never complains either)

Jo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
Perfect. Might have to go out and do about before to get a longer ride in if anyone is interested?

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »
Anyone wanting club kit?  We still have jerseys and shorts in stock in sizes M, L, XL. Jerseys £62 and shorts £60. The kit is available at the Friday Club Nights with payment by cheque cash or on-line.

geoffh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 02:38:19 PM »
As a new member, I shall need to sort out a jersey, so will try to get to the clubrom in the next week or two. Not sure of the sizing though, M or L probably. S/S or L/S  available? Cheers, Geoff.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »
As a new member, I shall need to sort out a jersey, so will try to get to the clubrom in the next week or two. Not sure of the sizing though, M or L probably. S/S or L/S  available? Cheers, Geoff.

Just short sleeve Geoff, you can try the M and L for size.

geoffh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 09:38:29 AM »
Thanks, I shall hopefully try for next Friday.

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
Wind is picking up. I'm thinking maybe head out into the wind and back with it. Maybe over Bwlch?

Ade

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »
Family stuff to do tomorrow so I'll be giving it a miss. May be out on Monday if anyone is interested.

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 06:44:30 AM »
Looking at weather conditions and the forecast I think I'm staying at home. I don't fancy 30mph gusts and rain
 

geoffh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »
Probably a wise decision, Ben, not a good day for the Bwlch I'm thinking; try tomorrow if anyone available like Ade said?

Nick R

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 40
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »
 Looking at the weather I will be out tomorrow.

Jo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 07:43:58 AM »
I'll be out tomorrow instead 👍

Jo

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers Ride 26th May
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
What time and where are people meeting tomorrow? Same place, same time?