Author Topic: BRACKLA 'PHYSIQUES' CAR PARKING  (Read 5356 times)

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
BRACKLA 'PHYSIQUES' CAR PARKING
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
When I returned to the car park today I was met by an irate White Van Man who told me none too politely that I was illegally parked as the car park was private property and belonged to Physiques Gym. I responded fairly robustly >:( (but legally) and said that until I saw an appropriate sign stating that this was a private car park I would continue to use it during club runs. He said that every Oggie knows that this is a private car park. Frankly I think he was just hacked off because he couldn't find a parking space but I'd be grateful for clarification. Almost comically after getting little change out of me, he went stomping down the steps and started berating a family just leaving church to tell them the same thing, they also looked bemused.  Answers on a post card please :-\.     

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: BRACKLA 'PHYSIQUES' CAR PARKING
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:44:13 PM »
When I go on trips with my U3A old fogey pals everyone parks there and I've never heard of any difficulties.When the school was being built all the builders parked there.
I'll ask Sarah if she can find out more from the Council.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: BRACKLA 'PHYSIQUES' CAR PARKING
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:55 AM »
Thanks Tom,

I'll keep using the car park until I see a 'Gym Members Only' sign placed at the entrance, or your legal advice says otherwise.

Chris M

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 34
    • View Profile
Re: BRACKLA 'PHYSIQUES' CAR PARKING
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »
The two car parks could well be for the use of people using the shops and businesses at the triangle as they are all rented, but until they put a sign up saying that it is for this purpose only I would continue using them, paricularly as you quite often see cars left there for days on end which are For Sale