Author Topic: Reliability Ride III  (Read 17658 times)

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Reliability Ride III
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:51:35 AM »
I thought I would start a new thread as the other one was getting a little congested.

RR3 is 9th March 2014 and a good chance to get 100km in before Mallorca.

100 km in 4 hours + or - 10 mins Average Speed needed 15.5 MPH
100 km in 3.5 Hours + or - 10 mins Avereage speed needed 17.7MPH

As before please be there 15 mins before start time to sign on.

4 Hours will set off from Brackla 8:30 am
3.5 Hours will set off from Brackla 9:00 am

Many thanks to Andy Harris for planning and re planning the route. The finish as you'll notice the in the centre of Cowbridge. So the finish will be Costa Coffee.

http://connect.garmin.com/course/5322488

sianharris50

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »
I'm interested in doing this ride but unsure of the route and would prefer to ride with someone, I appreciate that I'm not fast enough for you guys but is there anyone I can tag along with, Ron is on hols, I think he's back on Thursday so not sure whether he will be doing the ride. Thanks.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 11:02:27 PM »
Hi Sian-if Ron's not back I'll make sure you're not alone!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:09:36 PM »
I took a recent picture of the cafe stop, in case anyone has not yet had the pleasure to visit.  ;D



[attachment deleted by admin]

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
It's only the finish, they don't have to drink the coffee!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:17:58 PM by Andy H »

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
I took a picture cos I've never seen less than 3 stars before...even on the scummiest filthiest greasy spoons! I wondered if Costa were going for a gap in the market left by Norman's (that's a joke btw, I've no idea what their hygiene standards were like)!

In fairness Costa actually scored "very good" for "structural compliance" and "good" for "confidence in management".  They only scored "poor" for the less important criteria of "food hygiene and safety"  :o

I vote the first one back should have to eat the biggest creamiest cake they have on display  :D

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
Go to Cafe Nero in Waitrose car park, much nicer coffee!

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 08:52:27 PM »
Good suggestion Chris. 5 star hygiene rating (like most places) and very popular with cyclists too!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
And free if you have a Waitrose card?

sianharris50

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:22:06 PM »
Hi Tom thanks from that, I appreciate it.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
I have a Waitrose card (their coffee is surprisingly average though) - Do they accept them in cafe Nero Tom? That's aggressive retailing!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:43:22 PM by Rob Jones »

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
I am back from winter training, with tanned legs, will be out on Sunday. Sian will pick you up at 7 45, don't forget your snacks and drink

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »
I have tried to open the link to the route but it won't work for me.The Garmin page opens but no map appears.Can anyone post another or a quick summary of the route?Don't worry if not,I'll work it out on the day I'm sure!

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
That has happened when I've tried it but then worked when retried.

Summary of route:- Brackla Way, Church Acre heading toward Coity, to 2nd r'about backtrack  to Coychurch, Pencoed, Heol y Cyw common,  Sarn, Cefn Cribbwr, Kenfig Hill, Margam, Water St, Kenfig, Porthcawl seafront, A48, Ewenny Rd, Ogmore, St Bride's, Marcross, Llantwit major, around RAF St Athan, left off B4265 to LLancadle, join A48 to Cowdridge down Primrose Hill

Jason T

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 590
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Stuff
Re: Reliability Ride III
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »
If Garmin Connect is playing up then you could try the following link as I've tried to recreate the route in Strava;

http://www.strava.com/routes/200580

I've also exported the GPX File which should be attached to this post, this file can be loaded into GPS Devices or in to the following site as an alternative to Garmin & Strava for those who cannot see the Garmin Map;

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

[attachment deleted by admin]