Author Topic: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March  (Read 16236 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
So come on,how did everyone get on?(apart from Bowen of course who  rode 52.5 miles too far in RR3)

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Scores on the doors,

90 riders in the field. Sun shining, bit of a cross wind and a grind on the return, no surprises there!

Winner...Billy Oliver RST Sport/Aero -Coach....20.27

4th Joe Beech....21.30...Well Done Fella.lost out to a 3rd podium position by 1sec !!!!

Rob Jones...22.10
Richard Beech...23.19
Steven Madeley...23.25
Steve Morris...23.42
Mark Nott...23.50
Andy Harries...24.27
Chris Goodwin...25.13
Jason Strange...25.34
Tim Raine...28.24...Well Done Tim, great effort. Considering your injury and recovery !!!
Howell Bowen Mason...DNS.

Hope I haven't missed any more Oggies out?

Well done, great turn out for the club.

Cheers,

Mark.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 03:12:34 PM by marknott »

wardhaugh

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 03:36:39 PM »
Some very good times there - especially this early in season. That must be a PB for Rob Jones? Makes me want to get the TT bike out again.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »

It was one of the best days on that course for a while.  The winter chaingangs have certainly helped me be fitter, earlier.

PB for Andy Harries too, I believe...

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »
Some very good times there - especially this early in season. That must be a PB for Rob Jones? Makes me want to get the TT bike out again.

Nope. It was however my most common time over the last 3 seasons...though more typically on the R10/17 course (a40). 21.52 is my pb (2012). I would like to beat it this season but my best times always come in September...usually in the last events of the season! It might have been a course record at least as I don't recall ever having good conditions on that course before. Well done everyone. Great OVW showing today!

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Good riding all! It seems winter Chaingang is paying off!!

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »

I look really fat ! - I have no idea how I am going to get over the hills in Mallorca....

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:54 PM »
Most people look fat on a TT bike Steven. Genuinely fat people look morbidly obese on a TT bike. I look like a scrawny chicken. But we all enjoy it, that's the main thing!!

I would have change my rear tyre to the align with the livery if I'd known there would be photos!

marknott

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »
I used to suffer from SDS.....Slack diaphragm Syndrome on my TT bike, a phrase that Steven coined. LOL

I`m now cured !!! after loosing 5st of timber !!!

My biggest problem now according to Chris G is/are......."my unshaven legs".....he's totally psychologically scared by them LOL.

I think they look quite fetching !!!


Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 10:12:45 PM »
Mark - can't say I've noticed the unshaven legs (xray specs by name...) but these days you look integral to the TT machine you ride.
Mind you I am concerned you could be losing power...shaking hands after R10/22a did not seem quite so bone crushing as previous seasons! ;)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »
Thats because I pleaded for a gentle handshake before you arrived Rob….

Shawn

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 139
    • View Profile
Re: EC Cycles 10 - 9th March
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
A strong turn out from OVW sees the club second in the Celtic series standings after round one:
http://celticseries.co.uk/images/2014results/seriesstandings.xls

Well done all who rode