Author Topic: Winter Chain Gang #9  (Read 4925 times)

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Winter Chain Gang #9
« on: November 20, 2018, 06:59:01 AM »
Cold and windy tonight, but DRY, so wrap up. 7 pm as normal. We’re on a run of nice and consistent 53 mins in recent weeks, so most will find it a good workout, but not brutal. I’ve come down with the lurgy, so I intend seeing howI feel later in the day. I’ll post whether I’m coming or not later.

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:41:35 PM »
I’ll be there tonight, but might do a bit more wheel sucking than normal. Anyone else braving it?

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 05:06:23 PM »
Oh Yes!

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:13:03 PM »
As long as its dry

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »
I think i’ll leave it tonight, cold out there and last chance to spend the evening with my son before he returns to uni in the morning.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:07:14 PM »
I'm planning on being there and will do my usual wheel sucking for as long as I can hang on 😁

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:17:07 PM »
That’s at least 3 of us. See you shortly

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #9
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
Four of us started tonight (Richard B, Steve C, Steven M & myself) setting a steady pace into a 15mph and very cold easterly down the first straight. North Road was a relief each lap as we took advantage of the tail wind. A solid session even if the time of over 57 mins suggests otherwise. Kudos to Richard who peeled off after 2 laps but pushed on to do the final 6 laps solo. Also good to welcome Steve C whose work commitments have previously prevented him from taking part. Definitely the worst Chain Gang conditions of the winter SO FAR 😏