Author Topic: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman  (Read 5038 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« on: November 03, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Steven for all the hard work and effort he's put into the club as chairman and dinner secretary. In the last 3 years I've been with the club you've done a great job. The club dinners have been a great success. It'll be a tough role for people to follow especially having been a hugely significant presence in the club for a staggering 17 years!!

You will be missed but I'm sure we'll see you more regularly on a Sunday.

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »
I'd like to second Ben's comments about Steven's tenure as Chairman. You've done a sterling job over many years. You'll be a tough act to follow and I'm not sure that people realise how much you've done for the Club. You may have ruffled the occasional feather (including mine) but you always put the Club first. Thanks, Mark.

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 07:01:17 PM »
Big thanks for all the work you have put into the club for many years. I hope you will still be the voice of reason on Radio Wales cycling interviews!

Toestrapsteve

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
Every cycling club needs a Steven Madeley -  fortunate that OVW got THE Steven Madeley.
Returning to cycling in 2011 I've much to be grateful to Steven for over the past seven years - not just a nickname!
Thanks Steven

tandemkeith

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 09:40:16 PM »
I would like to second all that has been said so far, I was thinking, Steven has been chair for longer than most of us have been members, he was certainly my first point of contact when I joined back in 2012. 
A big thanks for all you have done for the club!

Paul Nicholas

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
Fantastic work Steven big thank you for your contribution to the club... and for getting me back safely from a few scrapes I've had on club runs  ;D

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Madley stepping down as chairman
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
Yes, I too would second all that has been said. Steven, your contribution to the development of the club is something you can be rightly proud of. On a personal level, you have extended your chairmanship out on to the road & your advice has helped me improve as a rider. Many thanks for that. Mind you, I sure your road advice will continue to be provided despite relinquishing the title of chairman 😉