Author Topic: Winter Chain Gang #6  (Read 3893 times)

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Winter Chain Gang #6
« on: October 30, 2018, 06:58:49 AM »
7pm tonight. Chilly but otherwise good conditions. A nice steady one with the opportunity for anyone to start building up the distance with 9 laps. There’s been a reasonable turnout so far this winter, but it would be even better with a few more, so anyone who has been wavering, please come down. See you later.

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #6
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:03:35 AM »
Traffic lights half way down North Rd on the right hand side of the road. I should be there

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #6
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 01:18:59 PM »
I am in London and will be late, so may see you on the later laps!

Mark B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #6
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:21:22 AM »
Just two of us started ou tonight (Greg & myself) on what turned out to be a very cold evening. However conditions were otherwise good with little wind and bone dry. Mind you,the roads had been gritted so we were cautious on the corners. There were traffic lights on North Road, but despite catching them on red nearly every time we were able to shoot through as the road was clear and only a short stretch was coned off.

The plan was to increase to nine laps but at a steady pace. Steven joined us on lap 6, but had a minor off when doing a u-turn in the dark. This led to a 25 sec delay in what was an otherwise very disciplined and consistent session with 8 of the 9 laps between 6:41 and 6:48. A 54:40-odd for 8 laps and 61:30 for 9 laps.

The aim up until Xmas is to keep steady and (for those who want too) building up to 10 or12laps.

The ride home was possible the coldest riding I have EVER done and I totally lost feeling in toes & fingers.

Not around next week, so see you the week after.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Chain Gang #6
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
I was warm as toast with my OVW winter top on!  It also gave me good protection when I learned I can't do U-turns in darkness!