Author Topic: What changes to make to a bike.  (Read 3620 times)

Chris C

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
What changes to make to a bike.
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
I'm thinking of using my old trek 1.2 bike to explore the local cycle routes, commute to work and just basically ramble about on. I don't want to get a new bike and this has been stood idle for over 2 year so thought i could make use of it. I know some will scoff at the idea of using the cycle routes but i just think it may be my route back into cycling and regaining some base fitness. What tyres would anyone recommend putting on standard road wheels (rs10's) and also would 25c be OK for the gravel covered paths?

 Cycling is cycling I suppose!! Many thanks.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: What changes to make to a bike.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »
28s better Chris, especially in winter. The gates will do your head in!

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: What changes to make to a bike.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 07:35:56 PM »
Hi Chris, I always use Conti Gatorskins for their puncture resistance but you need to check the clearance to see if the frame will cope with 25 or 28's.

Good to hear that you're getting back on the bike.

Chris