Author Topic: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January  (Read 4274 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
I'm away again this weekend so Rich B has offered to post a route.

9:30 Brackla

See you next week

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »
I'll post something tomorrow. The forecast is bright but cold on Sunday with a fairly strong easterly. So we'll head out East to have the wind on our backs on the way home. I'm thinking round the coast and then out to St Fagans for a coffee stop and home through the lanes in the Vale.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »
Here's the route for Sunday

https://www.strava.com/routes/11560214

Ewenny - St Brides Major - Marcross - Llantwit Major - St Athan - Green Dragon Lane up on to the A48 and on to Bonvilston - off the A48 at the lights and first right down to Gwern Y Steeple - Peterston Super Ely - St Fagans for coffee stop - up to the Llantrisant Road - Groes-Faen - Ponyclun - Llanharan - Heol Y Cyw - over the common and up Heol Spencer to Coity and home.

50 miles and pretty flat. Forecast still cold for Sunday morning but no warning of a frost as far I can see. Hope this is ok for everyone. I haven't been out on my bike on the road for 4 weeks so this may be quite challenging for me but at least I know the route.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:34:53 PM »
Looks excellent Rich

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:09:13 PM »
See you there! Oh did you see the Dragons game Rich? We were robbed! ;D

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
Lots of us out this morning, 16 of initially set out though not all intending to ride the full planned route. Out today were;
Richard B
Mark Rosser
Terry
Tony
Nick
Chris
Mark
Mark Pope
Mike
Graham
Ron
Tom
Roy
Patrick
James
Richard L
Hope I've remembered everyone.
Followed the route as planned riding cautiously early on through the lanes to Llantwit. We had lost Tom and Ron before Llantwit, they may have stuck to the main road, but we did wait for a few minutes for them in Llantwit. I know Ron was only planning to come as far as Bonvilston. Mark R peeled off for a planned stop at Café Velo. The conditions were tough on the way out into the strong NE wind. Chris Reed was looking very strong today and spent long turns on the front which we were all very grateful for up Green Dragon Lane. Patrick then turned for home when we got up on to the A48 and the rest of us pressed on to St Fagans for an eagerly awaited coffee stop where we were rejoined by Tom. Tom then headed for home via Peterstone while the rest of us headed up on to the Llantrisant Road with another strong turn from Chris. Nick and Chris peeled off before the climb up to Llanharan at which point I sat up after struggling for some miles and took the most direct route home. Tough but enjoyable ride for me today, see you all next week.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
Excellent ride Richard.Afraid I didn't see Ron,I didn't realise he was with us.I took the main road to Llantwit calculating it should put me 10 mins ahead of you and we should reach St Fagans together.Would have worked out perfectly if I hadn't made a comfort stop jusrt before we met up in the last mile!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
Great ride today Rich. I mistakenly turned left at the Common and went home via Pencoed, so only did around 45 miles. I enjoyed the tailwind you'd arranged after the coffee stop, very well planned! ;)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Chasers Club run Sunday 7th January
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:58 AM »
Little bit quick for me after a hard few rides, sorry to have held you up.