Hi Shawn. Try the rollers at club night. They are top of the range but I reckon any aluminium ones are nice to ride on. Mine were cheap but a top brand and lifetime guarantee. I tryed plastic tapered ones beforehand and didn't like them at all. I find my tyres go all silver but doubt the rollers wear them any quicker than the road. I certainly wouldn't botherchanging tyres for rollers or turbo. What a waste of time! I never nnoticed much wear when I had a turbo either. You are not braking, probably not accelerating as much, there's no debris and the surface is smooth. Specific indoor training tyres is the biggest load of bollox ever in my opinion. For people with too much money and time.
You can't beat being out on the road though Shawn. No indoor training is any kind of compensation. I admire anyone can put up with more than an hour of any indoor training, it sucks. So that's probably why you didn't get on with your turbo. I'm not sure time passes any quicker on rollers!