Author Topic: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12  (Read 7074 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »
I think we're even more weather dependent than usual this week.BBC said heavy frost tonight but they also said that last night and it was ok this morning.I won't be out(at 9.45)if it's icy but am hoping to get a ride in.I will post in the morning-hoping things will improve for Thursday/Friday

Patrickweir

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 03:26:48 PM »
will be out if it’s not icy

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:00:22 PM »
Too cold for me, it’s nice in the sunshine but a shady spot could bring disaster. Plenty of time to catch up on fitness, a quick trip to the road surface would spoil my plans, a little patience is required, or a TT.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:22:02 PM »
If I’m out it will probably be 10.30 and stick to main roads I’ll read your post in the morning Tom

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
Thanks Mal-having seen the weather forecast and looked outside I'm already inclined to delay going out.10.30 sounds a better option to me so let me know if you do go out and I'll meet you and stick to the main roads(if you want to meet that is!!)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
It's a pretty frosty morning again and I think it will be safer to leave it or go out later.Let me know if you do decide on a late start Mal.
Hopefully better luck later in the week.

Patrickweir

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
i’m going out at the normal time, roads are ice free, lanes might be worth avoiding, be at the roundabout at 9:45 if anyone is out

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:22 AM »
Just got back from dog walk with Dai Short who’s thinking of going out at mid day  what do you think Tom seems a bit of a risk low Sun also a problem

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
Yes Mal-it doesn't seem to be getting any less icy on the decking-maybe tomorrow will be a better bet?

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:07:06 AM »
I agree milder tomorrow but maybe rain post in the morning Tom

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »
Will do Mal-I can do any day this week if the weather relents a bit!!

Patrickweir

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
just got back and it was ok, main roads clear ,

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »
Your harder than me Patrick must be the Scottish porridge  oats but one more slip on my hip and I’d be in trouble

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 09:00:50 AM »
Mal-forecast is rain till about 11-I have to go and meet Gary(plumber)in Llantwit so I plan to go over about 11.Let me know if you're our-I hope to be out tomorrow and Friday subject to weather!

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
I’ll leave it today Tom I’m off to the sweaty spin class at 12 let me know if you are out tomorrow or Friday