Author Topic: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December  (Read 5330 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:44 PM »
As my Donkey is in for a service and Mary doesn't want to ride I'll be taking the Amblers and who ever is left over on a gentle jaunt round the vale. I have to be back home by about 11ish though as I've got a party to cater for. So a slight variation on the Tuesday route which I know everyone can manage.

https://www.strava.com/routes/11189143

Ade

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:48:26 PM »
The outlaws are having Christmas early so I'll need to be back in time for that. Probably won't stop for coffee and take the coast road back.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
Because of the weather conditions today and possibly worse tomorrow, is it sensible to call of tomorrow’s ice skating event. We have a lot of inexperienced and young riders. We don’t want any injuries, missing one days riding in not important staying healthy is. You can always go out later in the day if it gets any better.

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:38:53 PM »
Looking at the wind, rain and ice I think you may be right Ron.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
Sorry to say I think Ron might be right! I cancelled going out this morning and as you'll probably have seen on the local cycling forums several reports of people coming off and warnings not to risk it. It might not be so icy tomorrow but only because it's wet. I've resiegned myself to a non-bike weekend

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 06:04:56 PM »
Hi

I have been asked for some clarification (due to concern over weather and potential newbies and inexperienced riders)

Will there be an Amblers rider tomorrow?

Many thanks

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »
Hi Teresa. Because of the weather reports and the distance I will need to ride to get there I won't be out. But if there is anyone who would be willing to take the group then there will be a ride. I'll be back out again next weekend though.

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
What we need is a yes or no very quickly. The weather tomorrow is not looking pretty, 50 mph gusts will blow a lighter rider off, that’s without the rain that’s expected, we do not want newbies or Junior riders making their way to Physiques to find no one else there. So can we just say this weeks Amblers ride will not be happening.

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 07:56:13 PM »
Looking at the BBC Weather report for tomorrow at the moment. I think the safer option will be to say no ride in the morning. 70mph gusts at 9am will be dangerous even for someone my size.

Nick H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 96
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:52:21 AM »
Good call Ben. (And Ron)

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers (and anyone not riding a donkey) 10th December
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
Not too bad today,lots of water on the roads, Friday looks to be the best weather for the week.