Author Topic: Amblers ride 4th june  (Read 2467 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Amblers ride 4th june
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »
I'll be out this Sunday raring to go. My last ride before the Dragon.

Anyone fancy sponsoring me??

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Benjamin-Norley-4693811

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride 4th june
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:01:52 PM »
Actually. It looks like I won't be out :( Went for a pootle earlier and my chain exploded and I think it's damaged either the mech hanger or the rear mech  >:( >:(


Never mind. Parts ordered. With some luck they'll be here tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:23:36 PM by Ben »

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride 4th june
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
4 brave Scuba divers left Brackla today. It was dry and sunny when I left the house by the time I got to Llanmaes it was starting to rain. Glad I bought my coat. There was myself, Ron, Tom and Graham out for the Amblers. Ron bravely turned up in short sleeves and no coat, Graham no coat either.

My original plan was to go up Afan valley to the Bwlch then back down through Nant-y-Moel and over Llangeinor. But because of the weather we opted to go round Miskin and an extended version of the Tuesday ride. With the rain gently spitting at us we tootled over Brynna and over to Miskin then to Llanerch. The rain continued to fall on us while we waited for Tom who stopped for his regular comfort break. Instead of going past the Vale resort we opted to go the longer way round, due to the possibility of the Wendyballers (I mean footballers) staying at the Vale Resort. Then over to Pendoylan, still the rain continued to haunt us. When we got to Gwern-y-steeple we turned right instead of the route to Cardiff up over Sycamore Hill (a Tom special he thought would help me on the Bwlch next weekend). The rain stopped at this point. Once we got to the traffic lights on the A48 we went off towards Bonvilston and turned by the Old Post to join the Tuesday ride. The rain still held off but we nearly got wiped out by a moron in a yellow Van who thought he was Michael Schumacher. Carrying on towards the Flemingston turn off the sky had finally decided enough was enough and promptly dropped a deluge on us. I stopped to put my jacket on and continued. Down through St Athan and into Llantwit. Ron turned off by the Library to go back towards home along the main road, Graham and Tom carried on with me. Tom stopped at the toilet in Llantwit for another comfort break. Graham carried on due to rain and other commitments. I went to Cafe Velo (I did the miles I deserved my fruit toast) Tom chased after Graham. After I came out of the cafe I was warmed and slightly dryer plus as a bonus the sky stopped leaking on us. So I went home for a shower cos I wasn't quite wet enough. All in all it was a great ride despite the weather. Did I mention it rained on us?

I won't be out next weekend though as I have the Dragon ride. I'm leaving Margam at 9am. My race number is 8687 and I'll be wearing a blue sticker on the front of my bike. I've still got some money to raise though... Nudge nudge wink wink

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Benjamin-Norley-4693811

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Amblers ride 4th june
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »
After all it is summer time, are we all getting soft, did have to wash a little bit more than usual after all the road spray. My Ebay leg is working a little better each week. Did the Chasers really do that ride, or did they nip into Greggs when they were pretending that one of them had a puncture after 100 meters. The smell of cooking bacon is very tempting when we leave Physiques.