Author Topic: sore knees  (Read 3385 times)

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
sore knees
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
After riding 4 consecutive days, of which 3 quite hard in terns of either distance or effort level...is this to be expected or a sign I need to adjust position. Or perhaps a reaction to long period of exposure to cold yesterday? I had just swapped saddles between bikes and the replacement is possibly a mm or so lower than the   previous. Anyone else find they are that sensitive to very minor changes in setup? Rested today anyhow. Some muscles are sore also but I'd expect that.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: sore knees
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 07:55:14 PM »
I had this problem last year. I went and saw a sports physiotherapist. I hadn't been doing enough recovery and my quads had tightened and were pulling through my knee. I now have a routine for recovery and haven't had a recurrence of the problem.

Chris Tasker

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: sore knees
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »
Hi Rob, it does sound like overuse rather than position related. Try to mix in easier sessions with the tough ones, active recovery is known to be more effective than no exercise (maybe an hour on the rollers).

As Richard suggests, incorporating some quad and hamstring stretching into your week would probably be a good idea.

Chris

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: sore knees
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »
Thanks Chris and Richard, very much taken on board. Will see how I get on in Majorca, and then maybe asking Richard for contact details.