Author Topic: Midweek runs 25th April  (Read 5229 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Midweek runs 25th April
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:04:26 PM »
Anyone out tomorrow? I've got a day off and wouldn't mind having a ride.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »
Mid-week regulars will know I didn't expect to be in the Country this week but things have changed and unless it's raining (or snowing)I will be at the B&Q roundabout at 9.45 as usual.Is that any good for you Ben?

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »
Hi Ben/Tom,

I'm hoping to make 0945 at B&Q.


                                                  Mark



Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
Sounds good to me. What sort of pace and distance? Where abouts by B&Q roundabout?

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 08:48:51 PM »
Ben,

The Treoes side of the roundabout opposite Starbucks.



Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »
Ok 😊 I shall try and be there. Go easy on me. I'm only an ambler.

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »
Mark,Nick.Ben Steve and I set out at 9.45 this morning.Neil set out about 9.49 and caught us by Flemingstone!Ben on his Tuesday debut very generously followed Mal's precedent of last week by paying for us all at the Café but I don't think Ben was celebrating his 65th!Much appreciated Ben and you'll have to come out for several Tuesdays just so we can re-pay you.Neil on his Harpo bargain bike-apparently it was squeaking so it had to go-if I sold my squeaky bikes I'd have none left,not to mention my knees!
Hope to get out again later in the week-will post

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 08:46:54 PM »
Was a great ride today. Really enjoyed it. Got loads of PB's on Strava too  ;D

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
Is anybody out Friday morning? I'll be at B&Q roundabout at 0945 if you fancy a bit of a social spin? 8). Coffee at Café Velo is the usual option but I'm not bothered as to the exact route or distance (up to a point)!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
I bumped into Ron this morning Mark and he and I plan to be out so long as weather is ok.Cafe Velo coffee stop suits me as I need to pop into Forza briefly but we can get there by a different route for a change!

Mark Pope

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 03:16:10 PM »
Hi Tom,

Great, the usual route suits me but I'm not fussed if anyone else wants to tweak or extend it. My only sticking point is coffee and cake!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
Me,Ron and Mark this morning but met up with Neil and Dan(sort of son-in-law!)on the road then Terry and Tony on their ysual Friday ride joined us in the café.Not so cold as last few days,bit of light rain but not enough to put coats on.Lights in Boverton and Ogmore-by-Sea at the moment!

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek runs 25th April
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 02:33:30 PM »
Nice ride today, I was intending on a lazy morning but it's hard to resist young Tom's offer. Mark and Neil looked very smart in their Castelli tops with the Aero stitching, saves 2 seconds over a 100 miles. Is the good weather going to break, Mark the "Shop" is Prendas, might as well look the part!!