Author Topic: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary  (Read 34245 times)

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »

This year's club dinner will be held on Friday 29th November 2013 at the Bear Hotel in Cowbridge.  Tickets will be priced at £30 and the Guest of Honour will be Bill Owen, President of Welsh Cycling.

Please put the date in your diary - I will start selling tickets with about a month to go.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
I am now starting to collect monies for the dinner.  Ways to pay;

£30. Cheque payable to Ogmore Valley Wheelers or cash to Mary at clubnight.
Ditto to Steven Madeley, Clifton House, Treoes, Bridgend CF35 5DH. 

We will repeat last year's successful format at the Bear Hotel, Cowbridge.  The guest of honour is Welsh Cycling President, Bill Owen.

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:44 PM »
Dropped through the door.
Was tempted to pinch one of those rather nice apples but resisted.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:34:10 PM »

Help yourself!  The whole village is after them - I think another few days to ripen completely....

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:24:24 PM »
Steve

It will be only one ticket as usual and this year it will be without crutches ! I hope.

Photography Competition. I understand we are reviving this competition. There is a trophy. Does anyone know the rules ? I think there were three categories; Sporting, Social and Humour ? And I think there was an independant judge. The entries were also exhibited at the dinner so the judging and awards must have been done before the dinner ?

I think there have been a few opportunities this year for some good ones, not least the Brompton Race Kit and the French Party on the TdF eve.

There is a final opportunity for the Social Entries at the Roadmans Night out tomorrow - so bring your cameras (or smart-arse phones) everyone.

Tim

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »
Steven - cheque sent for £60 for tickets for myself and Rob Powell.

Thanks!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »
Haven't seen you the last few Sundays Steve.I had a bit of doubt about the Club Dinner as I'm in London   that day but should now be back in time so I'll bring a cheque to the AGM

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:40:24 AM »

I'll be at the club tonight if you want to empty your piggy banks !

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
Davey, I have your cheque for 4 places - Thanks.  What is the name of your guest?

ron b

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1253
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
Cheque delivered today by a very wet hand, apples do look nice.

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:44:45 PM »

Special offer - 5 apples to any Oggie delivering a cheque to my address !

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
They've all fallen off the tree then!

Davey C

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:48 AM »
Davey, I have your cheque for 4 places - Thanks.  What is the name of your guest?

Umm 4 places? Maybe my mistake I thought tickets were £30 each? It's only Rob and I (no sniggering), wives and other halfs aren't able to attend.

Rob Jones

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 961
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »
wifes and other halfs...you're both  talented guys but surely you can only have one or the other!

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Club Dinner 2013 - A date for your diary
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:53 AM »
Menu attached

Could I have your choices please?

[attachment deleted by admin]