Author Topic: Sunday 19th March - Remainders Magical Mystery Tour  (Read 3913 times)

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Sunday 19th March - Remainders Magical Mystery Tour
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »
As there's a few unlucky souls still stuck in the beautiful environs of South Wales. Who will be out on Sunday?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 01:41:10 PM by Ben »

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
I'm suffering with my hip Ben so having a week off

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
That's OK Mal. Hope you recover soon.

Now let's see if I can share the route for those with Garmins.

Clicky link

Login in and click send to device and it'll send my course to your garmin. Those of you without a garmin. It's the route I posted last week. Blackmill, Llangeinor, Maesteg, Margam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:33:04 PM by Ben »

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
Other option is the Bwlch

Clicky link

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
Both well used routes Ben but I'd stay off the bwlch  the visibility and wind could be a problem maybe better to stay low again have a good one !

Carrie H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »
Hi Ben,
 Nick & I have other commitments tomorrow so won't be out.
Have a good ride.
Carrie H

Ben

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 778
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday 19th March - Remainders Magical Mystery Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »
I left Llantwit at 8am in the wet, cold and wind expecting a 2 banana, 5 pack of Haribo ride. Fought my way to Brackla and met up with NostrapsMike (the Tank engine) and Nige W. The Bwlch was a definate no-no in this weather as was Llangeinor. So we went on a mystery tour.
We went round the coast path through Ogmore then to St Brides Major and Wick. We turned off by the Star Inn at Wick and pootled to the top of Post Office hill and down through Lampfa. Kept on that road past Llandow. Skirted round St Mary church and on through Treguff (up the slippery slope - Keep your bum on the saddle) across and down into Penmark. Over past Fonmon, through Gileston, St Athan then coffee at Cafe Velo. I went home at this point as I was cold, wet and had a very muddy bum. I think it would have been cleaner to go Mountain Biking  ;D ;D

Introduced Nige to some new lanes and hills was a good ride despite the weather and road conditions. Only ate one pack of Haribo. Won't be long till it warms up :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:02:36 PM by Ben »