Author Topic: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2  (Read 4489 times)

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:30:38 PM »
Forecast is ok tomorrow morning so I plan to be at the usual place/time(9.45/B&Q r'bout).I know Mark is working and Chris is cycling in the sun but I expect a few others plan to be out.
I plan to ride into Cardiff and back on Thursday,and plan a few hours at 9 o clock(weather permitting) on Friday.I need to be back ib Bridgend by 11.15-not for a big birthday celebration but sadly to attend an AGM followed by a C'tee Meeting!
Let me know if you fancy joining me for any of those rides.

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »
I will be out Friday Tom, so I might see you briefly before you dash off.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »
I may be out Tom but a bit later so may see you if you are in velo about 11

Steve Chapman

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »
Be careful this morning! Lots of accidents in and around the Vale on the school run this morning. I'm gonna give it a miss

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:59:11 AM »
Thanks Steve-I was wondering what it was like-I'm not sure if anyone else is out so I'll wait another hour and stick to better roads

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
A48 shut in parts. llantwit major road shut.
Multiple crashes  / ambulances etc. AVOID!!!

Tom

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1578
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
Thanks Chris-not going out at all getting more and more attractive

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:19:31 PM »
Owing to a late change of plan I was at BQ at 9.45 but major Tom hadn't taken his protein pill or put his helmet on - must have been X-ray and Stevens posts  - but no ice  in lanes but a lot of water in places that hill in penllyn almost got the better of me think I'll avoid it for a while . Heavy rain at 11.30 so headed straight home

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
You were fortunate then. Why risk it? I've just seen someone came off and tore their Gabba jacket. :(
I can also think of several broken hips wrists and clavicles all from ice.
The last time we had a yellow warning of ice i remember; https://www.strava.com/activities/242667233
I think I counted 15 riders off on that day.

mal jones

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 458
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 07:15:59 PM »
You're quite right  Chris but it didn't seem that cold by 9.30 I  definitely wouldn't have gone out at 8am  I am rather careful as a rule and won't go out if there's ice forecast  as you get older you do tend to take more care as injuries take so much longer to heal

Paul Longthorn

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 330
    • View Profile
Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 27/2
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 08:03:01 AM »
I don't expect anyone else to be as foolish as me, or to be at the B&Q Roundabout. So I'm going solo this morning. Chance the catch more rain.  >:(  I will be out on Tuesday no doubt for another soaking.

Paul