Author Topic: Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse  (Read 4936 times)

traine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
    • View Profile
Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
It has been good to see so many people now taking an interest in the rollers so we hope everyone who can stay upright will turn up next Friday.
I may not be able to be there for the whole night because of my home commitments but I intend to be there at 8.00pm so the time trials for seeding can start at 8.30pm and I hope Norman will be there to timekeeping. I hope someone will take over from me for the actual competition. I think Andy is away so could someone else step up please?
Remember there is a trophy at stake here !!!
The full rules will be posted as an attachment later but note as follows.
The field will be seeded according to the 1 kilometer TT on the rollers. Fastest against slowest etc. In knockout rounds in paired riders. Winner of each heat to go forward. One ride only to decide
The final pair will ride best of three
Any bike may be ridden but the gear will be restricted to not more than 80 inches
All riders may have as many seconds / helpers to hold them up as they wish
Each ride is from a standing start and will be for 1 kilometer ( one revolution of the clock)
Shame I will not be able to stay because it's great fun and the riders will need a lot of cheering on. If you are not able to compete please turn up and cheer them on
Tim

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:09:29 PM »
Tim has asked me to attach the Roller Rules 2017 for this coming Friday.

Good luck everyone  :)

Nick Langley

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:57:55 PM »
I'll give it a shot but my aim will almost definitely be trying to stay upright for 1km! See you 2moro

Reece0

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 230
    • View Profile

Dave W

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 626
    • View Profile
Re: Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
Thanks Norman for the time keeping and to everyone for the encouragement. I'll be back next year :o
Here are the photos from this evening
https://goo.gl/photos/pFfxSoNP7yy8sKEv5
Well done Mr Rosser!!

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Roller Competition 2017. Friday 10th February. Clubhouse
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
Thanks Norman for the time keeping and to everyone for the encouragement. I'll be back next year :o
Here are the photos from this evening
https://goo.gl/photos/pFfxSoNP7yy8sKEv5
Well done Mr Rosser!!

Great photos - I will put them on the website when I get back to my own computer