Author Topic: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start  (Read 13788 times)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
« on: December 12, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »
If enough support, plan a long hilly one for Sunday
After the 3 wise men failed to make it to Bethlehem last year, (Steven, Greg and me,bad weather), plan to revisit this year. Gold, frankincense and myrrh optional.
Its a long day, 95 miles and 2 big climbs so 6 hours plus. Forecast at the moment is warm and cloudy so happy to make it an earlier start. (8 or 8:30)
If you fancy it, post here and I'll also be at club Friday night to discuss. I'd say it will take at least 5 of you to drag me around  :-[

https://www.strava.com/routes/7177291

When I say warm, I mean no frost forecast!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:38:28 PM by Andy H »

Reece0

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 230
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
Unfortunately I'm away this weekend otherwise I'd  be up for this. Have a good ride  :)

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
I can do Saturday, out sat night so cant do sunday

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »
I'm picking up my son from Portsmouth Saturday so cant make it sorry, then works drink in the evening, so another weekend off. Mind you after the hangover from hell yesterday i'm thinking of drinking Becks Blue from now on! I think i may get some stick from the roofers if im sober though! Have a good trip, its a nice ride

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
3 regular 'first teamers!' not available, maybe look for a less taxing route.

Will post an alternative later in week

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:36:55 PM »
when do you want to do it Saturday or sunday?

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »
I can only get out on Sundays, work most Saturday mornings

harpo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 624
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 10:49:00 PM »
you've put Saturday on your post

Nige

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 07:26:15 AM »
Head cold getting better so I hope to be out this weekend.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »
I may be up for this on Sunday.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 12:09:29 PM »
My apologies, in my defence I have 'headlined' it Sunday!

Now amended

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 12:41:45 PM »
I thought my luck was finally in for one of these epic rides as I am out Saturday. Maybe next time.
 :(

Andrew S

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »
Maybe you can make all your rides a bit more epic like these chaps  https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLUdAMlZtaV11U9AtszkMh0bpRqM4dtlDC&v=Cp53RZcK8Es
Epic  ;)

Teresa

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 924
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »
I love the videos these guys make  :)

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 10:31:56 PM »
Difficult to commit to the longer ride, so what are people's thoughts on meeting at same time as Chasers i.e. 9:00, making a decision on the day! Spoke to Nigel and Greg at club tonight and they thought this would be OK