Author Topic: Winter chain gang 4  (Read 5147 times)

xrayspecs

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
    • View Profile
Winter chain gang 4
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:36 AM »
7 PM tonight ; the boards have been removed so there is a clear route down the home straight, right at the roundabout; and back.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
I'll be along to help out with a novices/25ers group if anybody wants to join in.

As I've said before we won't worry too much about the pace, these early sessions are about practice

and technique, ( but we are getting faster as promised, so don't miss out )

Steven

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1493
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 10:27:46 AM »
... except they switched the street lights off on the return leg last week and I hit two potholes.  I propose the usual route, we managed it fine last week..


PS will be on the way back from London, will join late!

Greg B

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 470
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »
There are traffic lights back on North Road again

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
I'll be along to help out with a novices/25ers group if anybody wants to join in.

As I've said before we won't worry too much about the pace, these early sessions are about practice

and technique, ( but we are getting faster as promised, so don't miss out )

I'll join in with you this week if that is ok Andy. Not sure what shape I'll be in after a week in Cyprus all inclusive.

Andy H

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2111
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »
With traffic lights on the back straight decided to split into small groups. 4:5:4 seemed to work well, with the 'C' group of novices supported by Richard and myself improving again. Within 3 weeks they've gone from struggling to get 8 laps in, to being close to getting under an hour. I'm sure we'll manage that with a little more help. Anymore novice/25ers out there wanting a good hours training?
Well done to both Nick and Carrie, and thanks to Richard B

Terry A

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 265
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:37 PM »
So, for the 'medium' goup .... no real issues on the circuit - metal plates gone and the traffic lights on North Road were ignored if nothing coming. The quintet of Nick, Will, Lea, James & myself worked fine and the 8 laps were quite consistent and smack on the informal / unmeasured / undeclared target.

RichardB

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1387
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »
Enjoyed that tonight - well done all.

Carrie H

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Winter chain gang 4
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:27 PM »
C group, many thanks to Andy & Richard for the encouragement , occasional push and advice re corners. Enjoyed the session, lovely and dry without wind. I really couldn't have gone any faster tonight , but under an hour actually seems achievable !!!! Tired now.!